Dogomania

How does your dog ask for snuggles?

Lord_Pik

Mouse - I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post! Aren't dogs great? They are always so happy to greet you at the door....Not like my cats who couldn't care less most times. It looks like you're gonna have to grow a third arm to keep them all happy!!! :wink:

Kavik seems to love our friend Nathan, and whenever he comes over, Kavik is all over him. ;) There is one catch though. Nathan hates him! But he's not forceful enough with Kavik. He says 'No' in the smallest voice, no command behind it at all, and Kavik can sense when you're serious, so he just keeps on snuggling Nathan.

Also,Kavik gets upset if any of us hug. Howling and wiggling and barking, sitting and pawing at us, etc. So we get a big'ol group hug :D

My mom's dog was a huge suck. He was used to getting snuggles when my mom said "Aw, good dogie." One day there was a news report about a cat rescued from a fire and my mom said "Aw, poor kittie." in the same tone she used for aw, good doggie, Joe went nuts with jelousy, he didn't know who was getting attention but he knew it wasn't him. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Every day when I come home Hazel waits for on the thingy on the stairs, if she can't get to there, she will whine, and cry and carry on! Mom ALWAYS has to let her out of the living room (if she's in there) so she can go wait for me! :lol:
See Jared doesn't like Hazel either! He'll be like "What? Go away" and she just keeps on wanting to play! LOL So Pik, I know how that is! Then your all like "if you dont' want the dog to bother you, you have to TELL them!" LOL!
Behle, I agree, and disagree... while my cats won't give the same welcome as Hazel, Dak will come running up to me (doin her little "burt burt burt burt RRRROOW!" :lol: ) and will pur and carying on, same with Angel. The other two couldn't care less of course. (although I hear Tazzy is more talkitive now then ever, so maybe she does too now?)

unfortunately, the entranceway from my back door is this little tiny cubbyhole where the coats hang up - It's about 3 feet by 3 feet, and then theres stairs that go straight up to the kitchen. Both dogs AND the cat insist on greeting me there every night....and Freebee has to jump up and kiss...it's quite a tangled crowd for the first few minutes....

:D

My frenchie comes and stands by my chair and just stares at me and if I move so that I do not make eye contact he moves round till he is in the right position again,
He waits patiently (though he sometimes shuffles his feet) until he is invited up and then I am stuck there till he decides enough is enough.
Could be minutes or hours.
Ickle :lol: :lol:

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']What about with PEOPLE? Does anyone's dogs get jelous when you associate with other people and NOT them? Or better yet, do YOU get jelous cuz your dog acts like someone else is their best friend, even though YOUR the one who raised them from a pup and FEEDS THEM! :roll: :lol: (like in my case I guess... I'm a little jelous that Hazel seems to just ADORE my b/f and when he comes over she doesn't want to have anything to do with ME! LOL And just a while ago we had the problem that HE was jelous of my dog! :lol: GEEZ!)[/quote]

Yup I get jelous. :oops: Sometimes when my friends come over, Rowie goes to BITS over them, and acts as if THEY where the ones who loved her, nurtured her, and took care of her all this time! :x Sometimes I get so jelous that I take all my friends into my room and lock ourselves in so Rowie can't get in! Ofcourse, after that I feel guilty and always end up letting her come inside again! :roll:

[quote name='Prairie_Gurl']Shadow gets SOOOOOOOOO jealous when I pet Rocky. I didn't think a dog could get so jealous!!! She'll sit there and cry (literally cry) and howl when I take Rocky for a walk....[/quote]

Hahahaha that's what BK would do if Rinny got taken out either for a walk or a vet checkup. He would have a hissy fit because Rinny was going somewhere and *he* wasn't invited. Meanwhile Rinny would be cool if BK wasn't there- in fact he probably rather enjoyed not being stepped on, shoved around, or jumped over. :roll:

K wrote
[quote]Can anyone train my husband NOT to come into the living room when he gets home if he does not want dogs all over his work clothes [/quote]

Probably no.

Most breeds of men are "untrainable", they are also prone to repeating the same illogical behaviours, complaining voluably about the results, and then continuing to repeat the same illogical behaviours. Some breeds of men are to dominent to take direction of anykind and do not make good house pets for most handlers. It is my personal experience that most "Show Men" are, while the envy of other Men handlers, far more difficult to manage and tend not to display as many useful working traits as other breeds. However, one does not want to get a Man with alot of working drive without some professional outlet for this behaviour or he will constantly be trying to create work for himself around the house and we all know how that turns out :roll:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh'] Sometimes I get so jelous that I take all my friends into my room and lock ourselves in so Rowie can't get in! Ofcourse, after that I feel guilty and always end up letting her come inside again! :roll:[/quote]
Haha! I DO THAT TOO! :lol: But usually I try to convince Hazel it's a "test" to see if she can be good in the house without me watching :lol: (I usually suffer the consequences (sp?) because she'll almost ALWAYS get into something! :roll: ) I think she's catching on though... the other night she hit me in the face when I asked her :lol: :oops:

Guest Anonymous

:lol: hello all you dog lovers, my little whippet makes you have a love wether you want one or not, she places both her front legs around your neck and lovingly rubs her face in yours, she is a real cutie and i love her to bits....... :lol: :D

Pik, unfortunatly boys can be just as bad (if not worse) than men... if they ever become men.... I don't know about the guys up here, I think they'll just stay the same, forever and ever. yikes. bad thoughts. LOL.

I've come up with seven main groups of Men:

[b]The Sporting Group[/b]~ these "Men" need an active handler who knows A LOT about sports and who is able to take their Man almost everywhere they go. These Men need proper socialization and tend to be spunky and very alert to sports, sports, and more sports. If you do not give them proper socialization they tend to become aggressive towards other Men. On the other hand, if you train them properly you can have that wonderful looking sport player Man of your dreams.

[b]The Toy Group[/b]~ this is the kind of Man that you would want if you were the kind of handler that loves to cuddle up on the couch and watch great movies like Homeward Bound and Lady and the Tramp. Unfortunetly, these Men can get very jealous of other Men and tend to be a bit Men- aggressive. They can also be handler-aggressive if you are not careful and do not socialize properly. These Men do not need exercise, but tend to always want to be by you--sometime too much.

[b]The Herding Group[/b]~ this group of Men needs an experienced handler who has lots of time for obedience, lots of socialization-- for this group is very dominant to you and other Men and can and will become Men-aggressive if you don't properly socialize them, and if you handle them in sports it does help with the energy but beware (see Sporting Group). These Men tend to nip at your heels a lot, and are usually very dominant. However, if you are careful and give them their special needs you will find that they make great family Men and will become very obedient to you, the handler. These Men can be great household pets but need a lot of exercise.

[b]The Terrier Group[/b]~ BEWARE!!!!! This group of Men is for those handlers who are extremely flexible and do not easily become jealous of them luvin up or being a ham to other handlers. These Men need LOTS of exercise but usually do not like sports or like them but cannot play them. They need TONS of obedience, and don't need a lot of socialization as they will usually do that on their own. This group is quick-whitted with a brain that they COULD use for good use but do not. Instead they use their brain only for purposes of making you happy, making you think they're cute, and being a totally luny Man!!!!

[b]The Non-Sporting Group[/b]~ this group HATES sports. They have wonderful and active minds, but unlike Terriers they use their brain for good things such as school, work and pleasing you. This group of Men does not need too much socializing, but may not ever get along with some other Men or other handlers because of their personality. This group is very devoted. However, this group is not for everyone because they tend to become wrapped up in their work and sometimes/all the time forget events... sometimes even you. This group needs obedience, but positive reinforcement works the best.

[b]The Hound Group[/b]~ this group of Men tends to be lazy and loves to eat. They are known as coach potatoes, and are usually on their butt. This group needs an experienced owner who has lots of time for obedience (choke collars are the best method, but if you have a true blue hound you need a prong), socialization, and if worse comes to worse rehab centers. However, these Men can make great family Men and (when in the mood) can be the most luving creature this side of the Mississippi.

[b]The Working Group[/b]~ these Men are otherwise known as work-a-holics. They need to be givin a good job to do and someone/something to provide for or they will go balistic. This group is usually good for someone who doesn't have as much time to spend with their Man. But, beware, because they can get very wrapped up and forgetful (see non-sporting). They do not need so much obedience, but need a lot of socialization for they will not do it on their own. However, they can be great for the right kind of handler.

And don't forget:

[b]Mixed Breeds[/b]~ there are also those Men who are mixed inbetween two or more groups of Men. Please use extreme care in dealing with these Men and educate yourself on many kinds of groups, and use tons of obedience, and proper socialization. However, they can be wonderful Men!!!! [b][/b]

Guest Anonymous

Spark always wants to be loved on 24/7! He will paw at you, come up and lick my hand, and scoot his nose under my hand. Then Fred does not like to be pet at all. Then Ruby will roll over and then shes so dang cute you have to pet her!

Gretchen, our 80lb. Lab/Rott will come up and give me a monster paw and her other technique is to lay her head in my lap and look up out of the top of her big brown eyes..... works for her everytime !!! :angel:
Sassafrass , my JRT will just jump up and nestle beside me and lay her head on my leg. Maisy (JRT) is a little more forthright, she just springs into my lap and starts licking the bejesus out of my face, once she settles down she'll lay in my arms with her head looking up at my face !! She's so adoring ! :angel:
And mine are like Mouses when I come home all 3 are vying for attention, and Maisy can get a little nasty to Sass , if she see's Sass getting Lovies !
I DO need 3 arms !! :roll:

Debbie 8)