Dogomania

He could drink a lake...

Lord_Pik

Tyr seems to be drinking more than is dogly possible. He can drink two bowls of water in one sitting (and he does) multiple times a day. He drinks more than five times the amount the other dogs do.

Could this be diabetes or some other health problem? Or do some dogs just consider water more important than breathing?

No sodium (or salt) listed, here are the first few ingredients:
Beef Meal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, [color=red]Menhaden Fish Meal[/color], Flax Seed Oil, [color=orange]Salmon Oil[/color], Rice Bran Oil, [color=red]Garlic[/color], Parsley, Thyme, [color=orange]Seaweed Meal[/color], Cranberries, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Carrots
I have made ingedients that may have higher sodium contents in them.

How old is the dog now?
Is he peeing alot too?

first signs of sugar diabetes.
FREQUENT URINATION
DRINKING LOTS OF WATER
LARGE APPETITE
UNEXPLAINED WEIGHT LOSS

There are two different types of diabetes in dogs.

I reccomend a check up at the vets taking a urine sample with you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

It depends on how old your pup is, see my shih-tzu, Candy has been drinking about 4 cups of water in two hours, and she was recently diagnosed with Cushings disease. But that mainly only affects older dogs, so i don't know how old your dog is.

• 2 weeks later...

If your dog is overly active or in a warm climate, then possibly it could be normal. However, excessive drinking, or drinking more than normal, is one of the main warning signs of diabetes. I wouldn't suggest anything less than at least getting him tested. Bring a urine sample to your vet and have them check it, and go from there.
In the least, at least you can rule out diabetes for now. If the problem persists and diabetes has been ruled out, it's a amart idea to get bloodowrk done to see if there is aynthing else internally that could be causing the problem.
Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...