Dogomania

I never got to say goodbye

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I lost my baby on December 27th to a house fire. Our furnace caught fire while we were at work. We got a call from neighbors about 3:15 pm they saw the smoke but by the time we got home the whole house was ingulfed in smoke and soot. I remember running across the yard, yelling to all the firemen "Has anyone found my dog, he's in THERE" and just as I said that my husband came running around the house with him in his arms. The firemen begin immediately to try to revive him but it was just to late by that time. After 10 minutes they pronounced him dead. The firefighters said that he suffered smoke inhalation. He had no burns and he was as far away from the fire as he could possibly get. It was just too late by the time anyone got there. I wonder every single day what he was thinking in those last minutes. Did he suffer. Was he scared. Did he wonder where his moma was and why I wasnt there to save him as I had been for him for the past 7 years. That was undoubtably the worse day of my life. Our house was a complete and total loss but all I cared about and felt for was my baby who was with me no more. We had him for 7 wonderful years and he gave us the best 7 years of my life. I dont know where to go from here. I feel so lost every single day. How do you go on? It's like a chapter of a book thats incomplete. I never got to hold him and tell him how much I loved him and how sorry I was for not being there. I never got to say Thank you for choosing me and being the best friend I could ask for. I never got the chance.......

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry: It is a very hard time to go through, but please know that time does heal all. You will meet again one day :(

There are a lot of memorial sites out there for pets, it does help, believe me.

Remember all the happy, tail-wagging times :)

Guest Anonymous

thank you everyone. My baby had a 2nd surgery last May for a torn cruciate and I promised him and myself that I would live everyday like it may be the last. I showered him with all the love I could and I can only hope that he knew how special he was/is. He was such a big part of my life and now there is just an empty, aching space. After his surgery I made the decision to purchase a plot for him at "Faithful Friends Cemetery". So many told me "what a waste of money" Its only a dog. He wasnt just a dog to me. He was a gift and in trying to give him the best that I could I felt he was so deserving. I am so glad that I did. He is surrounded by so many loved animals and he is very close to the Noahs Ark that is on the grounds. I could never have repaid him for the love, faithfulness and happiness that he brought to me. Their love is unconditional and unmeasurable as each of you know.

[quote]Their love is unconditional and unmeasurable as each of you know.
[/quote]

We do know, and that is why we spend so much of our time with them and so much money on them. They [i]are [/i]one of the family!

Purchasing a plot for Rusty is what [b]you needed [/b]to do. Believe me, I fully understand! We have our dear Trixie's (DOD 2/17/03) ashes on our mantle with her collar and a sweet little sheltie figure above it. I didn't care about the money!! It wasn't a waste to us. It was what [b]we needed [/b]to do. Everyone grieves differently. One day you will feel better and will only remember the fond memories.
It is hard.... but we are here for you.