Dogomania

R.I.P. BEN.

Bensam

Over the last few days Ben had gotten worse, yesterday he couldn't stand up by himself, just laid flat in his bed. I nursed him right through the night and this morning had him PTS.
Oh God, it hurts. Please let there be a heaven for these little people.

Rest in Peace, Ben. Marvellous Memories.

Bensam, you are in my thoughts....this is SO hard....I have had to do it as well. I wrote a post on it. They are always with you (I sound like the Pet Psychic...) but mine have never faded. Know that you gave your pup the best of you, the best of your heart, and know that your pup appreciated it and loved you. A dog is the only love money can buy....

I am SO sorry...

Will this help? My son has Jarvis' collar in his room...and still believes that Jarvis is looking after him, like he always did when he was alive..

I still believe that Taurus is here as well. I probably shouldnt say this. but
Alex is so much like Taurus I see him every day. Even the facial expressions are the same... do they "come back"? I dont know.

I'd like to believe they do...

Sometimes, things turn out a certain way..we dont know why..

Dont let this deter you from gettng another dog - yours would want you to.

Dear Bensam my heart aches for you on this very sad loss.
Rest in peace Ben and one day you will be reunited with your mum again.
We are all very fortunate to have had little people like Ben in our lives,
God bless him & you Bensam
Ickle
Ps Yes I believe in a doggy heaven and the Rainbow bridge

Bensam - I am so sorry for your loss. It has been a long and difficult road Ben has traveled, but now he has earned his wings.. :angel:

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Even though it seems impossible now, later on your memories of him will only be of happy days...

oh, bensam...i am so sorry. i know nothing i can say will make you feel better. this is a pain that doesn't go away with time, it only lessens. for pain to go away, you have to forget, and i'm quite sure that you'd never want that. i also believe that our pets linger by our sides, to watch over us, to comfort us, to follow our heels, and lay by our sides at night. i believe they stand by us, until the day that the tables turn and they can lead US into a better place. i know that he remembers you as loving hands, a kind heart, a warm lap, a gentle pat, a play partner, a wonderful owner.....he KNOWS that you only let him go because it was his time to...and i honestly believe that he thanks you for being strong enough to let him. his suffering is over now, and he is a puppy again....you remember how he was....he is a healthy, happy, puppy now, all vinegar and energy and he will wait for you.....

"He whispers please remember me, when i am gone from here
He whispers please remember me.....but not with tears!
Remember i was always true...remember i always tried
Remember i loved only you
Remember me and SMILE!!! :)
For it's better to forget,
Than to remember me and cry"

Guest Anonymous

My heart is with you Bensam... and with Ben... he is in a better place now, a puppy again, feeling now pain, and waiting patiently for you... he is watching over you, and you know that when you cry, or feel sadened, he is/will be there trying to chear you up.
He wouldn't want you to be sad, but grieving is good, just remember, the pain will lessen, and great memories of all the great times you've had will be there to lift your spirits when you need it.

I've just got back from scattering little Daisy's ashes in her favorite spot where we used to take our daily walk, Daisy wasn't my dog but I walked her every day for 13 years and stayed with her frequently when her owners went away,everybody thought that she was my dog,we had a great bond. Unfortunately she had cancer, she was on chemotherapy for 2 years but eventually it stopped working and she had to be PTS. I do miss her so much but at least I was there for her on her last day and I was the one who scattered her ashes and planted a little plant for her. The only thing is I thought she would go on forever but it wasn't to be. I know how you are feeling right now and the hurt doesn't seem to go away. Perhaps Daisy and Ben are playing in doggy heaven right now, I do hope so. Keep your chin up, we are all thinking about you. Pat :angel:

Guest Anonymous

The Little Dog Angel :angel:

High up in the courts of Heaven today
A little dog-angel waits,
With the other dogs he will not play,
But he sits alone at the Gates:
"For I know my master will come," says he
"And when she comes, she will call for me."

She sees the spirits that pass her by
As they hasten towards the throne,
And he watches them with a wistful eye
As she sits at the gate alone;
"But I know if I just wait patiently
"That someday my Master will come," says he.

And his Master far down on the earth below,
As she sits in her easy chair
Forgets sometimes, and she whistles low
For the dog that is not there;
And the little dog-angel cocks his ears
And dreams that her Master's call he hears.

And I know when at length her Master waits
Outside in the dark and cold
For the hand of Death to open the gates
That lead to the Courts of Gold,
The little dog-angel's eager bark
Will comfort her soul while she's still in the dark.

:cry: I found this poem. It is dedicted to people who have lost there family dogs. I hope it helps! I feel really bad about Ben. I lost my Golden at age 1. She had heartmermer.(sp)
:cry:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='courtnek']Someone sent me a quote once, and unfortunately I cant remember who said it, but I have it pasted to my PC at work.

"If dogs dont go to heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are".

Amen to that![/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='Bensam']Over the last few days Ben had gotten worse, yesterday he couldn't stand up by himself, just laid flat in his bed. I nursed him right through the night and this morning had him PTS.
Oh God, it hurts. Please let there be a heaven for these little people.

Rest in Peace, Ben. Marvellous Memories.[/quote]

So sorry for your loss. He is in a better place without pain.

Sleep well, my friend, Ben. The angels are your caretaker, for now...........

Guest Anonymous

I am so sorry about Ben :cry: he feels no pain now. He will always look down on you and protect you and make you happy when your sad.
Think of the fun times you had with him and don't think about the bad times. :( [color=red]Rest in Peace Ben[/color]

I am so sorry for your loss, Bensam. I don't think there is anything that can ease the sorrow at this point.

Perhaps you will awaken in the early morn to hear the familiar click-click-click - the comfort of the depression of the bed, the weight of a head, on your bereaved heart. Once joined, never separated.

One of our dogs also died, on VALENTINES DAY of all days, and he wasnt sick or anything, he was just old and he decided it was his time, It really does hurt so much, its hard to stop crying..i miss his little eyes.
Im sorry for your loss, i share your pain.
~paw.paw~

Thanks all for the lovely thoughts. It's taken till now to be able to reply and I'm still crying, miss that cold nose on my foot. I have been reading some of the posts and there's a lot of heartache on the board at the moment. Think I'll raise cabbages from now on! My other two are very subdued and I know this is my fault, I try to be happier for them and they miss Ben as well. He always slept on my bed and Sam and Pebbles look there each morning. In a while they can sleep on the bed with me, I miss that doggy bump under the blanket.

My thoughts are with everyone going through the heartbreak of losing a loved pet.

• 19 years later...