Dogomania

poll question if your bored

science_doc

Do apartments in your area allow more than 2 pets?  

1. 1. Do apartments in your area allow more than 2 pets?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know cause I'm lucky enough to own my home

Does it have to be an apartment? I think private rentals are easier.
Here in WA an animal welfare organization called PAWS maintains a list on their site of apartments that accept animals and lists the rules (numbers, deposit, size etc). If it must be an apartment rather than say, a private condo rental, I would look up animal groups and see if they have recommendations. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

I'm lucky enough to own my own home...to face the fact that my water heater is on the brink, that my dishwasher is on the brink, that my oven doesn't work but the stove does, and that the plumbing is nothing to be proud of. :lol:

I have only had a cat and caged animals other wise.....sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks for the replies......we have decided to rent a house a hopefully convince the owners that 2 cats + 1 dog = 2 dogs. I know sounds like Fuzzy math, but we REALLY want to get a dog. Lucky for us, when we were back in Michigan we were living in my aunt's brand new 1/2 million dollar home with 2 cats and 1 dog and did absolutely no dammage. I was hoping a letter from her would convince them we are O.K. and responsible.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='science_doc']Thanks for the replies......we have decided to rent a house a hopefully convince the owners that 2 cats + 1 dog = 2 dogs. I know sounds like Fuzzy math, but we REALLY want to get a dog. Lucky for us, when we were back in Michigan we were living in my aunt's brand new 1/2 million dollar home with 2 cats and 1 dog and did absolutely no dammage. I was hoping a letter from her would convince them we are O.K. and responsible.[/quote]

Can I move in with your aunt????

she sold the house :( IT WAS SOO COOL Had a huge back deck with a hot tube and screened in porch with a real fireplace. Boy we all had it tough there :lol: The kitties would book all over the house all day long chasing each other up and down the steps. That was how we were able to keep the cat aggressive dog with us until we were able to find her a new home, we had 3 stories to keep them apart. Except for the time the dog got away from me and chased the kitties up stairs with 2 humans in close pursuit. I was never so scared in my entire life, but I guess I'm getting off topic. It was a nice place to live.

I'm glad I live here. The limit for everyone is 3 dogs or (I think) 4 cats, no household can exceed 4 cats and dogs in combination, unless you have a special permit. As far as rentals go - it is ([color=red]technically[/color]) illegal for them to inquire on an application as it is illegal to descriminate against renters on the basis of thier pets here. Some places work around it, and certain private organizations are excempt such us Condo Corps and shared housing arrangements etc.

The rules arround here are "fuzzy" - The law states one dog per apartment; but you can have multiple cats. I also have my own home,
(with all of the above listed problems) and there are rules for h ouses too.

3 pets maximum without a kennel permit. I say fuzzy because none of them are ever enforced, unless a problem occurs.

However, water pets and reptiles that are caged are not included in the
list.

I have neighbors with 4 dogs and 3 cats...we have a "cat lady" here...
(dont know if she has a "safehouse" permit....)so I guess if you stay out of trouble no one really cares....