Dogomania

The rewards of being a dog owner

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This week's reward is.....

DOG HAIR!!!!!

Here's the story. Recently I went to a pharmacy to fill a prescription. As I am waiting for it to be filled, I look around. Low and behold, there is a bunch of nice, thick, sweatshirts for $3.99! I end up finding two [u]black [/u][u]fleece [/u]sweatshirts and bring them home.

[b][i]Never ever ever again.[/i][/b]

Dog hair magnet. They even come out of the DRYER with dog hair on them.

I just spent about 20 minutes and a 1/2 roll of duct tape removing the hair so I could wear the shirt tomorrow.

I am buying one of those sticky rolly lint removers. TOMORROW.

Along the dog hair subject, recently I posted about static. Well, Hobbit, I tried to spark Kika up, I swear I did, but it didn't work. I'll have to try again when she is a little more *electric*!

:o

I went on a date recently, looked down while in the restaurant, and dog hair was sticking up EVERYWHERE on my shirt!!! :lol: And when I got home, there was a huge tuft on my back! Maybe I need to buy some mirrors!!!!! hahahahaha.

WE have those sticky lint rollers everywhere, plus the brush kind. We still have dog hair all over us. It comes out of the dryer on them, too. I don't know what the answer is........ weave sweaters of doghair, maybe?

:drinking:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='corgilady']:o

I went on a date recently, looked down while in the restaurant, and dog hair was sticking up EVERYWHERE on my shirt!!! :lol: And when I got home, there was a huge tuft on my back! Maybe I need to buy some mirrors!!!!! hahahahaha.

WE have those sticky lint rollers everywhere, plus the brush kind. We still have dog hair all over us. It comes out of the dryer on them, too. I don't know what the answer is........ weave sweaters of doghair, maybe?

:drinking:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Either that or get a Chinese Crested! :lol:

Wait, the noshedoodle would not shed! We could all get one of those!

Guest Anonymous

:lol: :lol:

Okay, how about [b][i]this[/i][/b]!

We have these big blue fuzzy towels, they are awsome BUT...
I also use these on Hazel when I bathe her, since we dont' have any other ones to do it with.
Last time I bathed her was about 2 weeks ago.
For the past two weeks, EVERY MORNING I get out of the shower, and when I dry myself off, find WET DOG HAIR stuck ALL over my body!! :-?
Since the towels are a dark Navey Blue, and unless some of Hazel's white fur got on it, you can't even tell!
Don't get me wrong, we DO WASH OUR TOWEL! LOL :lol:

Poofy-You are so lucky you have small piles of vomit!!!

Ben hacked up his supper one night on the kitchen floor. We live in a 120 year old farmhouse, so the floor is not quite level. The disgusting mess had formed a huge flat pile the size of a cow patty and the thinner stuff had run across the floor and under the counter. I don't know where it all came from! He ate a normal size evening meal; I had a hard time keeping myself together while I cleaned it up! :o :ices_blah:

So, you see, small piles are truly a blessing in disguise!

And as for dog hair....There's not a square inch in my house, car, or clothing from which dog hairs don't lurk and spring out at the most inconvenient times. Just last Saturday while pulling on my red fuzzy gloves at the grocery store checkout, I noticed the checker staring at my hands. White dog hairs were everywhere, sticking straight out of the material. I guess I must have given Ben a good tousle before leaving for the store. I grabbed my receipt and headed back to the safety of my dog hair filled car! :oops:

I know how you all feel. With a mal in the house my life will never be dog hair free again. Ends up everyone including my mouth while sleeping.
:lol: Oh Gigi I wish I could have warned you never buy fleece if you own a dog. Bad combo for two reasons. The static and the hair attraction.
Go buy yourself a fleece robe put in on at night. Walk up to your dog and start rubbing his/her coat. Sit back and watch the sparks fly.
They will also fly when you remove the robe so watch out.
I've now come to the conclusion that I cannot wear nice clothing. I even tried keeping the good clothes in the guest room (only room dogs aren't allowed). Yeah right, like that worked. One step out of the room with the clothes on and I'm done.
The rolly tape things don't work. Anyone else have any ideas? Except for maybe shaving your dog every morning :wink: Not a pretty thought.

this may sound silly, but I have dog (and cat) hair everywhere as well.

I dont know if this will work on fleece, because it's delicate, but I have
used a dog brush that's been run a few times through the dryer (causes the bristles to have a static charge) to remove the hair from good clothes.

But on fleece, I think I would try it first on a small part on the inside
, just to see what happens. If it works, when you're done brushing,
gently wipe it down with a dryer sheet (the kind that doesnt have the dust on it that comes off) to get rid of the static charge.

Good luck!!

See, I hear that about the Zoom Groom, and I have to say I don't see it! I have found that thing to be utterly useless and stupid. At least for me now, my dog doesn't have much hair and so nothing comes off.

Anyways, my problem is cat hair, not dog hair, and Gigishiba, I too have found that some materials, especially certain fleeces, attract pet hair. I have these super comfy black fleece pants (wearing them now!) that are practically half pet hair. The little hairs actually get woven in! What a pain. Oh well, they're still ok for around the house!