Dogomania

Chewer!

Luka-pop

[b] [color=orange] My dog chews like crazy. He's a real frisbee dog! He doesn't play it, but he made it disappear. He was constantly chewing it while we were watching TV. Because we were there, I didn't think that it would be dangerous, actually, a good stress reliever for the dog. But my question is this. Even if the dog is supervised, would he wear his teeth down to the nerves? Is this normal behavior for a dog, to chew up the entire frisbee into little bitty pieces:-? ? [/b][/color]

can only speak for my dog, this is normal. lecter like to take those tonka wheel dog toys and chew off the tires and then bite off little pieces of the axle. and i get left w/ little hard plastic bits of yellow and black to step on in the night. but i don't know if it's bad for him. never even thought about it cause it brings him so much amusement.

Hey bullygirl! I'm glad my dog isn't the only one. I'm pretty sure it's a good stress-reliever. I just don't want him to hurt himself. You wouldn't think that a dog would keep playing with it, even if it's hurting him, but you never know. My dog gets bored of the round kongs that you put the peanut butter in, but he loves the kind where you put the biscuits in the holes.

I think that as long as he's not actually eating the little pieces, but only chewing - he'll probably be fine. Although it would be bad if he accidentally choked on a piece...it really would be better if you could try to find a toy that's more durable but also interesting.

Guest Anonymous

AH! CRAP, HOBBIT BEAT ME!

Yes, as BK said, pizzle is the magic wand. Wonderful stuff, guys.

I'M DEAD SERIOUS HERE! IT'S GOOD STUFF!!!

Your dogs will love it. It's not bad for them. It's all natural( :oops: :lol: ). It will occupy them for hours...or until it's gone, which ever comes first!

Guest Anonymous

hey- dresden demolished a frizbee in five minutes, one minute it was a nice brand new (it was actually only a dollar) orange frizbee and four minutes later i came back and there was one three inch piece and the rest was in quarter inch crumbs all over the floor.....

i've been wondering about the rawhide thing too, the only time i can do anything quiet is when i give dresden some to chew on. my brother gave his dobie a lot and she ended up having to have her anal glands removed and he swears it's because of the rawhide. any wisdom on this ? is it bad for dogs ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I [b]think[/b] rawhide is bad for most dogs, especially "inhalers" because they don't chew- they suck everything down instead. So the rawhide piece can get stuck in their windpipes or lower down... :-?
Dresden cracks me up, fair enough she's a handful and a half but she sounds like a riot! :D

Guest Anonymous

[color=red]PIZZLE [/color]AKA [color=blue]BULLY STICKS [/color]AKA [color=green]BULL WRINKLES[/color]

PetCo sells them as Bully sticks....

[img]http://www.bullysticks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/double.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.waggintails.com/images/inventory/bigpic/BullyxBP.jpg[/img]

There used to be a company that was selling kevlar dog toys (in the shape of snakes, birds, etc) which held up pretty well, but when I looked for the site, I couldn't find it anymore. I did find this frisbee though... [url]http://www.petandhorsesupply.com/toy2.html[/url]

Am I wrong? I let BOTH my dogs chew on rawhide - the vet said it was good because it cleans their teeth. I think it depends on the dog, and the rawhide. I have bought the "compressed" rawhide for Alex, he HAS to chew or he goes crazy....and he goes through it in ONE day. The regular white rawhide bones seem to work best. I have never had any problems, but have heard of dogs who do. My dogs are not purebreds, they are mixes, and dont seem to have issues with it. Could it be a purebred thing? Or could it really hurt them? I dont want that....

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='eggrolyn1223']I don't think it matters what breed or what breed he's not..all dogs could choke on rawhide..does he eat it when your watching him?
Are the bullysticks big enough for Labs?They look kinda small..[/quote]

Depending on where you go, you can get them from 5" to 18" long. Corgi had an online place where they were sold at 18"....CORGI! What's that website?????