Dogomania

Jesse goes to the movies, well ok, the movie rental place

Carolk9s

I went by Blockbuster to rent a movie, had Jesse with so thought I'd see if he could come in with me. No signs saying no dogs allowed on the door. I went in, the clerk greeted me, I asked, "Do you mind if he is with me?" She said 'the dog?' I said, "He's very well behaved", she shrugged her shoulders said ok. I did NOT at any time say he was or represent him as a service dog. She may have assumed he was. Jesse was perfectly behaved, the only bobble came at the register when he started to go round and visit. We had just come from Petsmart and of course THEY give out treats to the dogs. He just wanted another goodie. If anyone had asked if he was a service dog I would have said no. I will have to remember that just because he was allowed in today does not mean he always will. Horsefeathers gave me the idea! Thanks HF! :)
I would not have taken Brittany or Candy in, they are both a little less tuned to me than Jesse, Brittany would have been pulling me around and Candy would have been zipping here and there and jumping on people.
I've always felt that a trained dog gets to go places, a WELL trained dog gets to go even more places.

Fella-my avatar- goes with me to Lowe's, Home Depot, and sometimes the church! (not on sundays!). Everyone loves him.

However I was pretty angry one day when I was in the [b]grocery[/b], buying soup, and this lady was holding her poodle up letting it lick the cans!!!!!!! I asked the clerk whether dogs were allowed in there, and she shrugged. There's a big sign on the front of the store, service dogs only, DUH.

It's not that I couldn't have washed the cans but .... rules are rules. :roll:

Home Depot huh? I might try that too!<grin> I do feel the lady with the poodle was wrong not only letting the dog lick the cans but just bringing the dog into a grocery store. Certainly if the dog was a service dog of ANY type, the dog should be allowed in but not licking the cans!
Jesse presents quite a different 'look' than a small dog so I was really glad to be able to have him with me at Blockbuster.

Dogs are [i]usually[/i] allowed in stores like Home Depot and Lowes, I've heard that in some of them the employees actually carry around treats in their pockets :lol: . I've heard of a lot of people taking their dogs there for socialization and getting them around "different" things, like machines, etc to work on their confidence.

Guest Anonymous

NO WAY! SWEET! Our Home Depot opened today. Otherwise we had Menards (I think its a more local/state-wide store).

Very cool. I only thought they could go into PetCo. :shake:

:2gunfire: :haha:

Don't we have an emoticon for DUH?

There's a trip to Home Depot in the near future! Gonna take my xmas gift card and my dog! 8)
Makes sense as I will be buying stuff to make yet another agility obstacle. The itch has been building, it's really too darned cold to work outside much but I really want to put together a crawl tunnel for practice.

[quote name='mouseatthebusstop']prefare to take Gladis in shops dogs can go in. Have to watch Paddy if another dog has lifted it's leg so will he if I am not watching :)[/quote]

:) Oh yes I kept one eye on Jesse and a firm grip on the leash, he was not allowed to stray from my side AT ALL!
"Hm, why is this video box dripping?" Nope, not gonna happen!