Dogomania

USDA beats DDAL

TLCPETS

[url]http://pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/docs/common/opinions/200301/01-5351a.txt[/url]

Now comes the battle.You were right sandyb :D
But if you think these groups are going to quit. :cry:
They want everybody regulated and have nothing to lose.
As a matter of fact they were not trying to change the big breeders laws just the smaller breeders.They start at the bottom and work up to the top.
I know they are MAD now. So they are twice as bad. :mad:
So where will they go next?They will not quit the donations are still coming in.

Told you.

TLC --- I keep getting mixed signals here.

Why are you (were you) so worried about this?

Were you (are you) worried that you can no longer sell pets without being regulated?

OR, are you worried that regulation would put you out of business?

If you are worried/concerned about the humane treatment of dogs, from persons selling pets from their home, then you should seek to pressure local officials to enforce the laws that have been delegated to them and enforce or pass ordinances at the City or County.

Many people view animals......as JUST an animal, including a dog. Their views are such that the way a person treats an animal (dog) is their business, because it is JUST an animal --- no feelings, no emotion, not on the level of humans. These same people also treat humans in a poorly manner, also.

[quote name='Hobbit']Told you.

TLC --- I keep getting mixed signals here.
If you are worried/concerned about the humane treatment of persons selling pets from their home, then you should seek to pressure local laws and ordinance from a City, County and/or State level.

Many people view animals......as JUST an animal, including a dog. Their views are such that the way a person treats an animal (dog) is their business, because it is JUST an animal --- no feelings, no emotion, not on the level of humans. These same people also treat humans in a poorly manner, also.[/quote]

<<<Why are you (were you) so worried about this?>>>>
This has worried me for years since it could hurt the ones who are truely dedicated to bettering the breed they love.But on the other hand it lets a lot out who do not care.

<<<Were you (are you) worried that you can no longer sell pets without being regulated?>>>
I was regulated with 7 dogs and proud of it until I got internet access and found out USDA breeders were considered as trash.Even though they were inspected by USDA.

<<<OR, are you worried that regulation would put you out of business?>>>

My USDA inspecter helped me build my whole operation and told me how,when,where.My vet told me if you start with junk you end with junk.
You build your reputation either bad or good.Your choice.

My emotions are mixed.I think if I can whelp one litter in my house then a licensed breeder should be able too also.But according to regulations your house is not good enough to whelp puppies and meet USDA requirements.

[quote name='TLCPETS'] [

My emotions are mixed.I think if I can whelp one litter in my house then a licensed breeder should be able too also.But according to regulations your house is not good enough to whelp puppies and meet USDA requirements.[/quote]

I'm reading the rules and reg's with a different opinion.

Personally, I'm not worried about the USDA requirements. If I want to whelp out a litter of pups in house, then I do it.......and have done it and will continue to do it.

But, then again....we do not sell to pet families. According to tax law in some Counties, our dogs are considered Agriculture and are tax exempt.

[quote name='Hobbit'][quote name='TLCPETS'] [

My emotions are mixed.I think if I can whelp one litter in my house then a licensed breeder should be able too also.But according to regulations your house is not good enough to whelp puppies and meet USDA requirements.[/quote]

I'm reading the rules and reg's with a different opinion.

Personally, I'm not worried about the USDA requirements. If I want to whelp out a litter of pups in house, then I do it.......and have done it and will continue to do it.

But, then again....we do not sell to pet families. According to tax law in some Counties, our dogs are considered Agriculture and are tax exempt.[/quote]

It just has had me worried for a long time.I am glad it is over?????????

Guest Anonymous

Hobbit, I agree. We dont need more laws, just those on the books being enforced. My county has a very extensive animal control law including provisions for commercial breeders. It is there to be able to be enforced if necessary. And it is common knowledge that the AR's aren't going to stop. Of course we have to be ever diligent. That is why I belong to an all-breed club, which in turn belongs to the state kennel club association. The resposibility of the state club is to monitor legislation around the state and in the state capital. And also the AKC is very good at getting the word out about legislation and things affecting dog ownership such as American Airlines banning specific breeds.

My state has very strict laws concerning breeding, one litter, one stud dog, you need to be liscensed...however, our city's paper gets 100.00 per ten day ad...and there are noooo shortages of ads. Literally hundreds of them every day...we have four...read that FOUR inspectors for the ENTIRE STATE...those inspectors are not only in charge of inspecting breeders, but chicken farms, cattle farms, cow farms...etc...etc...The laws were put into place to cut down on the pet over population...the only ones who ever get inspected are the honest breeders who pay the 100+ liscensing fee...

Guest Anonymous

In my county you dont have to be licensed. There are animal cruelty measures on the books if they need to be enforced. No inspections but if a neighbor or someone complains to the county animal control, they can come and visit. i guess with a warrant :) I hope.