Dogomania

USDA....One more time

TLCPETS

Guest Anonymous

Hobbit, there is politics and badmouthing in ALL walks of life. I enjoy showing in AKC shows. I ignore the bad parts. I don't show to judges that are political and write letters to their file at the AKC, report them to the AKC rep, and tell the show committee I am dissatisfied with that judge. Maybe he won't be hired as often. And yes there are gossips and badmouths. But that is in any walk of life. Within your own family and work environment you have the same things.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

TLC, please go read the report from the DNA committee. It will explain where the DNA is heading. and NO it does not include DNA'ing each puppy. and I have already explained there are many ways to get a reduced rate on the DNA. Prepay, the AKC booth at large and prestigious dog shows, national specialties. You might want to educate yourself on the subject before you make assumptions and spout nonsense.

[quote name='sandyb']Hobbit, there is politics and badmouthing in ALL walks of life. I enjoy showing in AKC shows. I ignore the bad parts. I don't show to judges that are political and write letters to their file at the AKC, report them to the AKC rep, and tell the show committee I am dissatisfied with that judge. Maybe he won't be hired as often. And yes there are gossips and badmouths. But that is in any walk of life. Within your own family and work environment you have the same things.[/quote]

Yes, and that's why I choose to NOT put up with their crap either.

Guest Anonymous

but we will be required in the future, most likely, to DNA all dogs being bred. I think that is a good thing. None of the other pseudo registries require that, nor do they do inspections

[quote name='sandyb']but we will be required in the future, most likely, to DNA all dogs being bred. I think that is a good thing. None of the other pseudo registries require that, nor do they do inspections[/quote]

DNA'ing is only good and ethical as the person collecting the sample.

NOT all non-AKC registries are pseudo (as you put it). Some are actually pretty good.

Guest Anonymous

Dog shows where developed as an objective way to evaluate breeding stock. Granted it isn't quite that today. But it the concept should still be the same. And somewhere I've lost your logic. Not allowing spayed animals to compete in dog shows means the AKC doesn't advocate spaying? the AKC wants breeding stock to be shown and prove thier breed worthiness before being bred and all others should be spayed.

[quote name='sandyb']but we will be required in the future, most likely, to DNA all dogs being bred. I think that is a good thing. [b][color=red]None[/color][/b] of the other pseudo registries require that, nor do they do inspections. [i]Hobbit, i didn't say ALL other registries besides AKC. Give it a rest please. [/i][/quote]

I guess you meant "MOST" instead of NONE.

[quote name='Hobbit']Not all dogs that are being shown are worthy of being bred. There are many dogs that are being shown that should be spayed or neutered, but aren't.[/quote]

Hobbit I agree.
I think the future holds all dogs shown will have to have all health testing done before they are allowed in the show ring.I wonder which registry will require it first or if a new registry who only shows proven healthy dogs within the breed standard to be shown.With the changes in the last 5 years or so.Imagine 5 years from now.

Guest Anonymous

TLC, how many times have you mentioned that you dont believe in health testing? You and all your buds on the other board poo poo it and say that only those inbred show dogs need it done because they have so many health problems. BTW, saw some pedigrees of some of your buddies on that board and I saw plenty of inbreeding and linebreeding being done. Now you are sounding very hypocritical. Let's see your words backed up with actions. What testing do you do? I know my national breed club code of ethics lists the specific tests and when they need to be done. And that is why I and others educate puppy buyers to only buy from breeders who health test. Simple economics. If breeders can't sell pups because the buyers are educated properly, they will change thier tune.

Guest Anonymous

It is true that not all dogs in the ring should be used for breeding. I know of several dogs that have received their Champion Title but are not used for breeding. Earning a Title does not guarantee health. It says that the dog has the "conformation" the standard requires.
I cannot imagine health testing requirements being imposed prior to showing a dog. That is ludicris. It is possible to require DNA for all dogs but it will never go beyond that.
I caution you to remember that health tests do not guarantee good health. The tests are as good as the Vet that does them. I know of several Vets recommended to friends that will "insure" a good reading by OFA. There are many variables. If the breeder has ethics they will test for the good of the breed, not to sell a pup.
The show ring will remain as is, a subjective opinion of conformation.

You said:
"Hobbit, I said PSEUDO. Do you feel guilty and think the registry you use is not legitimate?"

Well heck sandyb...they way you have been talking...only AKC is legitimate, at least in your eyes. I think this cramming of AKC down the throat has gotten to be a bit much don't ya think.... AKC may be the biggest and baddest kid on the block...but they are not the only ones who act for the welfare of the dogs...

[quote name='TLCPETS'][quote name='Hobbit']Not all dogs that are being shown are worthy of being bred. There are many dogs that are being shown that should be spayed or neutered, but aren't.[/quote]

Hobbit I agree.
I think the future holds all dogs shown will have to have all health testing done before they are allowed in the show ring.I wonder which registry will require it first or if a new registry who only shows proven healthy dogs within the breed standard to be shown.With the changes in the last 5 years or so.Imagine 5 years from now.[/quote]

Way too political, that will never happen.

[quote name='corgilady'][quote name='sandyb']Hobbit, i didn't say ALL other registries besides AKC. Give it a rest please.[/quote]

Hey, Hobbit........ sandyb never gives it a rest, but you'd better!!!

:roll: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Yep, like a cricket. It chirps over and over the same thing, pretty soon it's just ignored.

[quote name='K']Hobbit I found out that Sandy is not even housetrained! :o :lol:[/quote]

Yes, definately an alpha bitch that must mark her territory....over and over and over.......making sure everyone knows it's her.

H e l l ..... I KNOW I'm alpha, but at least I know when to stop marking, growling, biting and kicking soil. I've made my point.

Guest Anonymous

You all are a bunch of immature morons. Get a life. an outsider comes in and you all get really huffy. you sound like a bunch of elementary school kids.