Dogomania

WHEN DO NEW BORN PUPPIES EYES AND EARS OPEN

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ON THE 7 OF JANUARY MY FEMALE PITTBULL GEORGIA
GAVE BIRTH TO 8 BEAUTIFUL PUREBRED PUPPIES :D
THIS IS HER FIRST LITTER AND THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER BEEN AROUND NEW BORN PUPPIES ANY TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR HER AND I. OH WILL SHE EVER STOP BEING AGGRESSIVE TO THE FATHER WHEN HE WANTS TO SEE THE BABYS

Guest Anonymous

Why didn't you take the time to learn this before you made puppies? don't you have a knowledeable and experienced mentor? Ask them. Ask your vet. Read books on breeding. All of these things should have been done BEFORE you decided to make puppies.

[quote name='HARLEY & GEORGIAS MOMMA']ON THE 7 OF JANUARY MY FEMALE PITTBULL GEORGIA
THIS IS HER FIRST LITTER AND THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER BEEN AROUND NEW BORN PUPPIES ANY TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR HER AND I. OH WILL SHE EVER STOP BEING AGGRESSIVE TO THE FATHER WHEN HE WANTS TO SEE THE BABYS[/quote]

The pup's eyes should start to open around 10 to 14 days. Some are later, depending on the individual pup.

Please do not take this as being rude --- but dogs do not have the same values of parenthood that some (notice, I said some) daddies do. The sire of the litter could care less that he is the "father" of the litter. He is here for reproduction, not rearing or visiting the pups. He may be interested because he has not seen little puppies or just curious.

Some sires do take an active role in the litters. Some sires will kill another sire's pups, because he wasn't their sire. Depends greatly on the temperment of the dog.

Please keep him (and EVERY other animal, child and person -- that she isn't comfortable with) away from the pups because she could accidently hurt or kill one of the pups trying to keep him away. Some females get overly nervous and will eat their pups at any sign of another animal (dog or otherwise). Some females are excellent moms. It depends on the individual female --- they are all individuals.

She is only being protective of the puppies, this is hormonal and instinctural in nature.

i'm sorry i'm really jaded today. :lol: but it made me laugh just doing it. i'm going through one of those it's a battle to big to fight so when you can't beat um join um. tell them what they want to hear so they be gone. and i can put my rose colored glasses on and assume all dogs have loving homes and warm beds and good food and fresh water and people that love them and and and .....on it goes. ever just wish we could restart the human breed with a focus on compassion AND intelligence?

[quote name='HARLEY & GEORGIAS MOMMA']ON THE 7 OF JANUARY MY FEMALE PITTBULL GEORGIA
THIS IS HER FIRST LITTER AND THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER BEEN AROUND NEW BORN PUPPIES ANY TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR HER AND I. OH WILL SHE EVER STOP BEING AGGRESSIVE TO THE FATHER WHEN HE WANTS TO SEE THE BABYS[/quote]
Uh huh... and I'm sure that being a "pittbull", she's registered, or that you can at least trace back to some other purebred, registered dogs, right? "Pittbulls" aren't even a breed, so unless you were just calling her that to save your fingers, there's no guarantee that she really is "purebred". Not that it matters anyway, since she probably shouldn't have been bred even if she was purebred, unless of course she's at least OFA good on hips(dogs have to be at least two yrs old for this), free of allergies and skin problems, and had her eyes CERF'ed (eye problems are becoming more and more common in "pit bull" breeds, and should be taken seriously). Also, since "pit bull" breeds are supposed to be working dogs, what titles has she earned in performance events like weight pull, hog hunting, Schutzhund, or even agility or obedience? How about conformation? Is she put together well enough to be able to handle the job pit bulls were originally bred for? Or is she just another poorly bred dog pumping out pups for her owner's benefit?
It also would have been wise for you to do some research on the breed before you got a dog... pit bulls are known for being dog aggressive, so she very well may NEVER stop being aggressive to the father of the pups, and there's a chance that she'll become aggressive to even her pups once they're older. Dogs aren't humans and they really don't care much about being a "happy little family". The dog could just be trying to protect the pups, but chances are good that now that she's started to show dog aggression, it will never "disappear". How old is she?

[quote]i would keep the sire away from the mother and pups. pits are not the best dog lovers in the world and if a fight breaks out you might find yourself with 10 dead dogs. which would be a shame to lose all that money.[/quote]
Even worse, imagine if some of them [i]lived[/i], but needed [i]vet care[/i] :o . That's even more money down the drain :roll: [/quote]

[quote name='Anonymous']Why didn't you take the time to learn this before you made puppies? don't you have a knowledeable and experienced mentor? Ask them. Ask your vet. Read books on breeding. All of these things should have been done BEFORE you decided to make puppies.[/quote]

As you are a member guest :lol: please dont be afraid to use your
membership name :lol:

Also a really good book to get is Called
THE BOOK OF THE BITCH