Dogomania

How to give shots

yellowlabsrule

I didn't respond because I don't really feel qualified to explain online.
I just take up the scruff on the neck and insert the needle. You should be able to gauge how much scruff to how much needle so you don't poke through. It should just be under the skin. Sorry, that's all I can think of, haven't done it in many years.

You can order vaccines through many places, like [url]www.jefferspet.com[/url]
Mostly though for single orders I've only seen big combos with 5 or 6 vaccines in them.

We vaccinate our own dogs and livestock.

Just a personal thing.....if I only had ONE dog, I would take her to the vet and let him do it. Normally, (some vets, I should say) will vaccinate and give the dog a health check. Usually, the health check is free.

Some vet DO charge for this, though.

I am giving her the canine 7 way and kennel cough. I got the shots today from the feed store. I would've taken her to the vet, but it would've cost more than $40 dollars and I got the shots for about 10 bucks! :o We have given Winnie shots before and she could care less. I think that her and I would much perfer that $30 to go toward 3 months of agility than her vet to give her two shots!

Guest Anonymous

Because we only have the two dogs, it would cost more for us to do it ourselves.

Rabies HAS to be done by a vet, right? I know that when Kenzo got his second one we had to reschedule the appointment because she was going to take her lab pup to field trials.