Dogomania

Boxers... Whos got em?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A friend of mine is interested in Boxers and to be honest my knowledge is kinda limited on them. I know they are a guarding breed, great family dogs, do well with children, some tned to drool. But i also hear about short life expectancy and many health problems. I am actually just trying to get a little info.

Now that I think about it i probably should have put this in the breed forum huh? Sorry.
:black:

Here, me me me!!! I have a boxer! :D
Let me be the first to say your friend has good taste in dogs!!! They're a great breed, yes, some tend to drool, burp, fart etc but for the love and companionship they give these are just some little things that are made up for by thousands of good traits (did I say thousands? I meant millions :wink: ) Though I'm not going to write an essay on exactly how good they are cuz I'll be here all year plus I'm a little tired and think bed is calling.
As for health problems, providing they are bought from a good breeder who tests their dogs and are brought up on a propper diet they are a suprisingly healthy breed. They are not an outdoor dog as besides their obvious inability to cope with extreme weather conditions they just can't get enough attention, they want to be with you at all times of the day, right by your side... Lilys on my feet at the moment, licking my toes :lol:
They do have a short life expectancy, but why deny yourself some of the best years of your life just because they wont last as long?
Boxers aren't for everyone though, although they are extremely smart and can do very well in obedience if trained properly they can also be very stubborn and hard to control. If your friend can't handle a bit of dog slobber then she shouldn't get a boxer, although they don't drool [i]that[/i] much, they drool enough that it could pose a problem if your friend is a clean freak. I love things to be clean, but I would make any exceptions for my Lily, even when she slobbers all over my best clothes I'll just give her a kiss and know that she means well 8)
They can also be very boisterous as a pup, so if your friend can't handle a dog that will jump all over her or any kids etc and knock them over then a boxer is a bad choice. They are a breed that would kill you with love if that was possible, they are very loyal and will give their life to protect their owner.
Anyway, if you want to know anything else just ask, I wasn't sure exactly what info you were after :roll: