Dogomania

Dog pregnancy.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After all that they are going through now and all they will have to go through if Belle is preggers and she doesn't care if they are fixed???? Oh Gigi, you must have about bite your tongue in half by now!

Trinity

Sorry to get off the subject, but I heard of a dachshund (actually saw it on animals planet) that had a false pregnancy and labor, now she thinks that the phones in her owners house are her babies! She puts them all in a pile and when they ring she goes and picks them up because she thinks they're crying! :lol: It's especially funny because the people who own her have a in home business and they can't answer the phone! :lol: I hope everything goes well with your sisters lab.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Trinity']After all that they are going through now and all they will have to go through if Belle is preggers and she doesn't care if they are fixed???? Oh Gigi, you must have about bite your tongue in half by now!

Trinity[/quote]

Let's just say I have to refrain myself quite a bit.

Everytime I bring it up to Amy, she just say's it's hubby's responsibility, not hers. :roll:

What ever.

They are great dogs. I just wish they would spay them so they will be around longer.

If anyone knows of any good websites about the benefits of spaying, please let me know. My home pc is way too slow for me to tolerate right now!!

Each day 10,000 humans are born in the U.S. - and each day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. As long as these birth rates exist, there will never be enough homes for all the animals. As a result, every year 4 to 6 million animals are euthanized because there are no homes for them.

What can you do to stop the suffering?
Spay and neuter your pet! In addition to saving lives, spaying and neutering can also drastically improve your pet's health and life expectancy. The idea that pets become fat or lazy when they are spayed or neutered is a myth. Sterilized pets lead healthier, longer lives. Spaying a female eliminates the possibility of uterine and ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the risk of breast cancer. Neutering a male reduces the risk of both prostate enlargement and prostate cancer. Neutering also will make your pet more affectionate and less likely to roam, get in fights, or become lost.

Five Good Reasons Why You Should Spay or Neuter Your Pet

1) Spaying or neutering increases your pet's chances for a longer, healthier life.

Spaying your pet before her first estrous cycle (that is, before she reaches sexual maturity) greatly reduces her chances of developing breast cancer and completely eliminates the threat of uterine and ovarian cancer and uterine infection, which are common occurrences in unaltered females.

Neutering your male dog or cat prevents testicular tumors and may prevent prostate problems. Neutering also decreases the possibility of perianal tumors and hernias, which are commonly observed in older, unaltered dogs. Because neutered cats are less likely to roam, the threat of abscesses caused by bites and diseases transmitted by fighting are greatly reduced.
2) An altered dog or cat is a better pet for your family.

Males neutered early in life are less aggressive toward other males and are not distracted by females in heat. Therefore, a neutered male will be less tempted to leave your property and cross that dangerous highway searching for a mate. Neutered males also are less likely to mark every one of your (or your neighbor's) expensive shrubs with his urine as well as inside the house.

Spaying your female pet eliminates the problem of stray males camping in your yard and decreases her desire to roam and breed.
3) No family wants to cope with an unwanted pregnancy.

Spaying prevents your pet from giving birth to unwanted puppies or kittens.

4) Spaying results in a cleaner female dog and home.

Because female dogs pass bloody fluid for about ten days, twice a year, as a part of their estrous cycle, constant care must be taken to avoid carpet stains in homes with such animals. Spaying your dog eliminates this problem.

5) You are helping to alleviate the dog and cat overpopulation problem.

Each year, millions of unwanted dogs and cats are euthanized (killed) at shelters across the country. Although pet behavioral problems are the main reasons animals are given to shelters, many orphans are the result of accidental breeding by free-roaming, unaltered pets. The more pets spayed or neutered, the fewer dogs and cats will have to be destroyed. Delaware Humane Association does not euthanized; however, hundreds of dogs and cats are turned away each year because there is simply not enough room at the shelter to accommodate them.

Six Common Excuses for Not Spaying or Neutering Pets

1) My pet will get fat and lazy.

Neutering or spaying may diminish your pet's overall activity level, natural tendency to wander, and hormonal balances, which may influence appetite. Pets that become fat and lazy after being altered usually are overfed and do not get enough exercise.

2) We want another pet just like Rover and Fluffy.

Breeding two purebred animals rarely results in offspring that are exactly like one of the parents. With mixed breeds, it is virtually impossible to have offspring that are exactly like one of the parents.

3) My pet's personality will change.

Any change will be for the better. After being altered, your pet will be less aggressive toward other dogs or cats, have a better personality, and will be less likely to wander. Spraying (urine marking), which is often done by dogs and cats to mark their territory, diminishes or ceases after pets are altered.

4) We can sell puppies or kittens and make money.

Even well-known breeders are fortunate if they break even on raising purebred litters. The cost of raising such a litter -- which includes stud fees, vaccinations and other health care costs, and feeding a quality food -- consumes most of the "profit." Well-known breeders raise breeds that they like. These breeders also try to improve the standard of the breeds they raise.

5) My children should witness our pet giving birth.

Pets often have their litters in the middle of the night or in a place of their own choosing. Because pets need privacy when giving birth, any unnecessary intrusion can cause the mother to become seriously upset. These intrusions can result in an unwillingness to care for the offspring or in injury to the owners or to the pet.

6) I am concerned about my pet undergoing anesthesia.

Placing a pet under anesthesia is a very common concern of owners. Although there is always a slight risk involved, the anesthetics currently used by veterinarians are very safe. Many veterinarians use equipment that monitors heart and respiratory rates during surgery to ensure that their patients are doing well under anesthesia. Thus, the medical benefits of having your pet spayed or neutered far outweigh the slight risk involved with undergoing anesthesia. Consult your veterinarian if your are concerned about this aspect of the procedure.

Sorry it's so long. Here's the site I got it off of.
[url]http://www.doghause.com/neuter.html[/url]

no news yet? i just saw this post and read it, and i'm already all nerves wanting the final outcome. and getting off the subject too.... :oops: my dad once had a bitch that had great papers and background, and he tried to breed her probably 10 times. he even drove to louisiana to get her bred to the top night champion stud that year!! she just would not stick!! but she wanted puppies very badly....she would even STEAL other babies!! she'd steal other bitch's puppies, kittens, anything baby she could get her paws on...she'd even make milk :o :o !!! well, he met with a man in missouri and bred her and it stuck....she got big, we were even worried for a while that the litter was going to be 10+ judging by her belly size. she made milk, her teats dropped....we were READY for some puppies. the big day came, we put her in her whelping box, she went into labour, and..... ALL WATER!!! she was in labour for about 2 hours and all she ever managed to do was pass about 1 and a half gallons of water!! so i am a FIRM believer in hysterical pregnancy!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='mcobbin']no news yet? i just saw this post and read it, and i'm already all nerves wanting the final outcome. and getting off the subject too.... :oops: my dad once had a bitch that had great papers and background, and he tried to breed her probably 10 times. he even drove to louisiana to get her bred to the top night champion stud that year!! she just would not stick!! but she wanted puppies very badly....she would even STEAL other babies!! she'd steal other bitch's puppies, kittens, anything baby she could get her paws on...she'd even make milk :o :o !!! well, he met with a man in missouri and bred her and it stuck....she got big, we were even worried for a while that the litter was going to be 10+ judging by her belly size. she made milk, her teats dropped....we were READY for some puppies. the big day came, we put her in her whelping box, she went into labour, and..... ALL WATER!!! she was in labour for about 2 hours and all she ever managed to do was pass about 1 and a half gallons of water!! so i am a FIRM believer in hysterical pregnancy![/quote]

WOW. :o

I guess that would be for the best for Belle. Her behavior has changed. I went and saw her yesterday.

When they thought she was about 1/2 through the maybe pregnancy, she started to mellow out (remember, she's a 3yr old lab with a LOT of energy). Now, the last week or so she's just been nuts. I mean, jumping like she's a spring. Jumping on me to give kisses (she knows better) and even jumping on her DAD (brother in law), who is the alpha. I don't know...I guess we'll know soon enough!

Guest Anonymous

Well....yesterday was MY due date for her and today is a website's due date for her.

No changes at all...I'm thinking it's false.

Any precautions they should take if it is false???

Guest Anonymous

Hope all goes well if she is preggers. The due date could vary from early to several days late.

Has your sister spoken to the males owners? If she is preg. they should pay half of all the bills since they did leave an intact male out--I believe they are equally responsible! Maybe that will help your sister out during this tough time.

Good luck, will be anxiously waiting to hear!

Guest Anonymous

Well, it's the day after and nothing. Sis is still in bed with a bad back but I told her to check for discharge once she's up.

Dead puppies would be bad, Hobbit. Very bad, especially for the 8 yr old and 5 yr old kids.

The neighbors, well, as that kinda makes me mad too, we can discuss it.
The neighbors know they mated but my sister or her hubby have YET to ask about seeing his papers or anything of the sort. They wanted to wait to see if she was even pregnant. :roll:

• 6 months later...
Guest Anonymous

[color=blue][/color][size=1][/size]umm...my dog has been acting really vicious lately, she's about eight, but she has never been this mean to anyone, she has attacked a dog and just today she almost bit the neighbor. She's usually really sweet. Her teets have started sagging and I was wondering if maybe she was pregnant :angel:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='BbyAngl'][color=blue][/color][size=1][/size]umm...my dog has been acting really vicious lately, she's about eight, but she has never been this mean to anyone, she has attacked a dog and just today she almost bit the neighbor. She's usually really sweet. Her teets have started sagging and I was wondering if maybe she was pregnant :angel:[/quote]

Was your dog bred? Dogs don't usually get vicious when they are pregnant in my experience ....... just the opposite, very loving and affectionate.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

hi, i noticed that my dog has been doing her business literally every 5 minutes...she does number one and she's there for about thirty seconds in that position, and when i go to look if she did pee, i don't see anything there. my mom says that when people are pregnant they use the bathroom a lot, so i'm wondering...could my dog be pregnant???

Firstly, the most common mistake people make with their dogs is comparing them to humans. Sometimes it may be right. But remember, dogs are a different species. :wink:

I'm not an expert, but peeing doesn't usually mean pregnancy. Are her teats sagging? Is her belly bigger? I don't know much.

WHY wasn't she spayed?? :cry: If she is pregnant please make sure all her pups find GOOD homes and are spayed and nuetered. Having puppies is not fun. Nope. Not at all. And are very expensive. Very. Make sure all they get all their tests and shots, and start worming before they leave home. This is all very expensive by the way. Also, make sure the new owners get their pup spayed/nuetered.

Having puppies is not fun! Not at all. And not for the person who wants the fast buck. :wink: Do you have an idea of who the father can be?????

Out of curiousity, did Gigi's sisters lab have those puppies or not? :lol:

Puppies is a LOT of work. Although mommy will take care of them for the most half, but you have to take care of mommy! Momma dog should go to the vet, see if she is pregnant. And while your there, give her a health check - especially if she's pregnant!

Trying to urinate but not going could be a sign of a urinary tract infection. I had a cat with that problem, and that was what was wrong with him. So check her for the urinary tract infection and pregnancy. We really don't want anything wrong with your dog!

Please keep us updated