Dogomania

training a 1 year old german shepherd dog

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have a 1 year old german shepherd dog, i want to train it, but i donot think it will be able to take training because it is old, do u think that is true.

A one year old GSD is not old, its still a puppy - albeit a very big puppy I'm sure. Even if the dog was 10 it could still be trained, it might just take a little more patience.
What is it you want to train the dog to do or not do? What is its past history?
If you think you may need help with his training research trainers in your area. Some may even have basic obedienc classes for non-puppies If you are worried about house training try making use of an indoor dog crate after getting reliable information on appropriate use and crate training.

It is DEFINITELY possible to train your GSD. My dog didn't go to obedience till he was 7 :oops: and he's doing quite well. I wish I had taken him when we got him- would have been a lot easier- but none of our dogs had been formally trained and it never crossed our minds to do it until I spent some time on here! :D

Guest Anonymous

Ok, let me see here :mad:
There is something that seems interesting here.
I am no that other guest you are talking about over here, i donot mind if has some of my spelling mistakes, but that doesn't mean at all that I am the same guy, and by the way, i have my GSD 10 months ago, so i would need a guard doggie :-?
That part was not your best part buddy

Guest Anonymous

so you think you are a professional guy with a full work day, I know my info about dogs are little, so why didn't you give me your help or advise instead of looking a spelling and literations DAAA, and now you ar saying crazy statement, so what about the other people which gave help, they know I am asking for help, not to talk with users signed-in trolls.

Was laughing so hard at you two hubby thought I had lost it.
Guest if you are serious then take your dog to obedience. We rescued a 6 year old german shephard, malamute, ridgeback cross from euthanasia.
She had been abused and hated men. It took behaviour & obedience classes for 6 months to get her back to the loving dog she was meant to be. I have since placed her in a loving home but while I had her she was one of the greatest dogs I've had the privilage (sp) to know. 125 pounds of kissy, kissy. ALL THE TIME. (What can I say she loved to lick faces. A little embarrassing at times but too cute) At 6 years she knew nothing, now she can do just about any trick in the book and is a wonderful companion. If I had a scanner I'd post a picture sorry guys. I still miss her so very much. Wish I hadn't placed her but she's so so happy. She lives with an elderly couple who have 4 couches, three of which are just for their 2 GSDs and Zena (my placement). Obedience is definately the way to go no matter the age. It has many benefits.