Dogomania

Personal experience and opinions on Boston Terriers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys,
I am seriously thinking about getting a Boston Terrier and have found a great breeder but i'd be interested to hear from people who own/ have owned one. Good, bad....i'd appreciate anything!

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

Look under "Pictures", mcobbin has two darling Boston Terriers (a mix and a purebred). I'm sure she'd be happy to share her experiences and thoughts on the breed. Bostons are a lot of fun!!! :D

Connie

Guest Anonymous

Wonderful dogs! I had one when I was 3 and she lived to be 13. She was my constant companion and always went with me to my friends houses and their parents loved her. She was a lady, immaculate about herself, but quite the clowns they are and so full of themselves. My sister recently lost her 2 Bostons to old age. I have Boxers now and have had them for many years, but when the time comes that I'm too old to handle a muscular dog, a Boston will be my choice. Be sure to buy from a reputable breeder who does breed specific testing and whose sire and dam conform to the Boston standard. Read up on the standard, go on line to learn all the breed specific illnesses. They can be rather rowdy, as I like to call them a Boxer in a smaller Black and White body.

• 3 weeks later...

hey, wow!! i've been off for a while during finals!! he he he...YEAH!! someone mentioned me in my lonesome absence!! Yes i DO own a boston terrier, a male named winston, and a mixed boston/ pit , wanker. OOOH, not to say i'm partial, but i L-O-V-E this breed. I've had winston for 11 years now, and i couldn't have ASKED for a better dog!! it only took us one..(YES 1) day to housetrain him, he is loved by everyone who has ever known him, and those people that do know him all refer to him as "The Little Gentleman". It's that perfect breed that is just toooooo fun in the puppy stage, calms down in adulthood, but never loses that spark and overzealous playfulness. i swear, (and god forbid it) that winston will probably die with a fetch toy in his mouth!! And he can be playing like maddness is just around the corner, and all i have to say is "Calm" and he sits right in his tracks and gives me a kiss! As for wanker, he acts a lot like a pit, but there is NO denying the boston in him. they are one of the smartest dog breeds i've ever owned. it took one week to teach wanker to go to the door at bathroom time, to fetch, to roll, and to lay. later it only took two days to teach sitting up. and i must also mention here that they are great with kids!!! so i hope this helps!! i would definately suggest one as a wonderful new family member!!

[img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1035483.jpg[/img]