Dogomania

Actual "I want a dog" advertisments!

Hobbit

[b][color=red]I especially like the "wanted" ad for the Border Collie, Aussie or mix! :roll: [/color][/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in desperate want for an english bulldog for x-mas.We would prefer a puppy but please be generous with the price. My parents are not willing to pay 1000 for a dog, so was thinking of more around 450-500. Or cheaper. It is okay if it is mixed with another breed as long as it will have the typical english bulldog structure. I already have a kitten of 6 months so the dog should be able to agree with it. I also have a sister that is 5 y/old. She likes to play rough.

Email: [email][email protected][/email]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would like to find a Golden Lab puppie. Fathers hunting lab just went blind and we want to get him a new puppie for Thanksgiving. Would prefer if we could get one for free. We are not looking for a pur bread, but if they happen to be that is ok also.

Please e-mail me if you have any pups to give away.

Price: Hopefully Free

Hi. My family and I are looking for a housebroken rottweiler or doberman. Preferably young and I would like to not be expensive. She is for my daughter who just broke her hip playing basketball and needs a gentle friend for rehab and a good jogging partner afterwards. We will take under 2 years that is gentle. we dont want to pay tons of money since we have to pay for surgery and medical bills. Great veterinarian connections. Just contact me with any information you might have. may be able to set up transportation.

Price: hoping to be free or very low cost
Phone: email

I am looking for an english bulldog for 500 or less. we may offer more depending on how much more. we have a large house, but can only afford to purchase a dog for 500 or less. would prefer a puppy or one at a young age. would like healthy animals please. and we have 2 kids of the age of 13 and 5. we also have a kitten, so would need to be able to adjust to those standards. Loving home. please e-mail me bak. kristy

we are looking for a great dane or st.burnard. we have a huge fenced in yard. we also live in a huge house we take our dogs everywhere with us. i am home all day.please consider us the home for your great dane or st.burnard.

Im Looking For A Female Border Collie OR Austrailan Shepherd OR Mix OF THE Two For Good Best For My Daughter. Would Like Her TO BE Under 5 MONTHS AND IT Dont Have TO Have Shots OR BE Spayed. I Would Like Her AT A Cheap Price.

Phone: 972-286-3390

I am looking for a female dogue de bordeaux in the new england area to breed with my male bordeaux.looking to breed in the spring or fall of next year.

I am looking for a Jack Russell AKC registered pup. I need the pup to be rough coat I would like it to have quite a bit of color but would take what is offered. I would like a female but would take a male if price is right.

Wanted Rottweiler female 6 months to 5 years old, Loving home waiting with Rottweiler experience. If you need to place your Rottweiler or have one you would like to sell please contact me.

Phone: 812-347-3623

wanted: poodle/cockapoo or mix, female, puppy or young, inexpensive, for autistic child who adores animals.

I am in desperate want for an english bulldog for x-mas.We would prefer a puppy but please be generous with the price. My parents are not willing to pay 1000 for a dog, so was thinking of more around 450-500. Or cheaper. It is okay if it is mixed with another breed as long as it will have the typical english bulldog structure. I already have a kitten of 6 months so the dog should be able to agree with it. I also have a sister that is 5 y/old. She likes to play rough.

I liked this one best I would not sell her a puppy at any price

Guest Anonymous

Okay the one that got me the most was the last one....Why?? A poodle/cockapoo mix for an autistic child... It would be much better if they looked into a program that fitted their child with a dog... To me it sounds like a bite looking for a place to happen.. :x

[quote name='Jacsmom']Okay the one that got me the most was the last one....Why?? A poodle/cockapoo mix for an autistic child... It would be much better if they looked into a program that fitted their child with a dog... To me it sounds like a bite looking for a place to happen.. :x[/quote]

I think some people just lie to make other people feel sorry for them ---- thinking that someone will give her a dog free, if she says it's for an ill child.

Back in July a woman (my spouse went to school with her husband) showed up at our gate (uninvited) and just opened it like she lived here, drove in and proceeded to look around. Unluck would have it, we were at the barn. So I asked her what she wanted (this is off topic, by the way, but still a good story). She said she wanted our Border Collie pup (a male), because she just bought a female Australian Shepherd at the flea market and as soon as she came into heat --- she was'a gonna breed'em. AND she owns a small puppy mill --- :evil: . Oh yeah, I absolutely can not stand this woman. So, I told her in some many words NOT IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I EVER GIVE OR SELL HER ANY OF OUR DOGS. Upon hearing this, she said, "Taylor is going to start crying and be so sad because you won't give her that pup". Taylor (7 yrs old) is her grand-daughter, that lives with her. Being the unsympathic person that I am --- I looked at Taylor and said, "Cry if you want to, the pup is not for sale". Ol' grandma threw a cussing fit, which lead to an explaination of how they are working dogs and not suitable as pets (especially to HER). She stormed off, went home and sent a scathing email. Well, being the adult person that I am :roll: , I promptly answered her email and was NOT in the least bit nice or cordial. Three days later, the bitch drove back up to our gate, this time she didn't open it ---- she was calling our dogs to her Jeep as I was coming out of the house. I saw her bend over and pick up a female Kelpie pup (just happened to have been Guy's sister, Kiley). I went to hollering, she drove off. I called the Sheriff's office, they contacted her, she said she didn't do it (of course), CASE CLOSED. I, in total flames, drove to her house and DEMANDED my pup back! She called the Sheriff's office (which are worthless), they said leave or go to jail....but, she has my puppy --- I SAW HER PICK HER UP AND I WANT HER BACK, "Ma'am, she said she didn't take her" --- I kept saying, "I saw her pick her up". The Deputy: "Oh, that is not enough evidence to prosecute". Then I explained that I had been a Detective for MOST of my 16 years of Law Enforcement and YES, THAT WAS ENOUGH EVIDENCE. I am totally charred by now ------------- so, I posted everywhere I could, in every vet clinic, every single store in town, in any advertisment I could find, in every laundry mat, in every restaurant in town, every feed store ---- EVERYWHERE that would let me put up a poster of what she done! I guess I'm ranting because after 4 months she got her nerve up to drive down the road that we live on (she has NO business on our road) and as UNLUCK would have it, I was down by the road trimming tree limbs. I was so mad that I stomped all the way back to the house, about a mile ---- FORGOT THE PICKUP ---- I just was so mad, then got madder when I got home and realized that in my anger that I FORGOT the pickup!! Then I had to walk back and get it --- I cussed her the entire time.

Okay --- I feel much better after that total rant.

These people are crazy and desperate!!!!
If they are after a show dog, they should go to shows and do their research and buy the pup from a reputable breeder.
If they are just after a certain breed they should go to the breed rescue and save one of these dogs in need.
If they are just after a companion they should head down to shelters and save whichever dog takes their heart.
Some people are not fit to own a dog, these are some classic examples of such people. To give or sell someone like that a dog, you may as well be taking it straight to the pound. At least then the dog would have a chance to find someone to CARE for it.

[quote name='bk_blue']Did you end up getting the pup back????[/quote]

No, we have not gotten her back. We think that, out of pure hatefullness, she dumped her along side the road, gave her away, or sold her at the flea market. I loathe this person. I am still posting the story in the local classifieds. Anytime someone advertises that they have a small breed dog to give away or pretty cheap --- I email them and tell them that she buys small dogs for her puppy mill. Oh, and she has a grooming service. The scissors are rusty, the clipper blades are rusty, she does not disinfect anything, the smell is horrid. Can you tell, I just plain do not like this person? All her "breeding" animals are APR (Animal Purebreed Registry) registered. Anyone ever checked them out? Just send in your money -- no proof necessary of lineage. Send that money and they'll send you a piece of paper that says your dog is purebred!

We drive by her house (it's on the way to the feed store) and go real slow and look for her --- at different times during the day and night. We've made it perfectly clear to her adult children that we know she stole our pup ---- her daughter-in-law had the nerve to call and ask if we would sell her a Heeler. I proceeded to tell her why didn't she just come on down here and steal one like her mother-in-law? There was silence on the other end of the phone. She acted like she didn't know --- she lives NEXT door to her (on the same property)! She said, "so do you have any puppies?" :o :o Um......NO! I've seen her dog and it's chained in the yard (they have 40 acres). Nope, no, not in this life-time, never, not going to happen......plain enough for ya daughter-in-law?

Now, it is rare that we both are gone at the same time. I make myself so worried thinking about the safety of the dogs that I can't enjoy myself (if we both go). I know that is crazy.....maybe I'm getting dementia? Hum....I still recognize everyone, pretty well.....most of the time....sometime....almost everytime....... :-? [size=2]kidding, how you NOT recognize these sweet faces?
[/size]

[quote name='Mei-Mei']Jacsmom,
You're so right about the ad where they posted they wanted a dog for an autistic child. As you know, my younger son is autistic. It is difficult to find a dog that can tolerate both the noise my son makes and his sometimes strange behavior.
He and Devi get along beautifully. Lhiannon Sidhe loves him, but Devi is his special friend. Shanahan (my son) likes to take Devi by the paws and walk with her, which she actually likes to do. I think most dogs would nip at a child, autistic or otherwise, that tried to do this.[/quote]

Isn't that wonderful that some dogs just have that personality to accept a child (or person) for what he is. There isn't any judgement, excuses, less love, just unconditional love. I like animals more than most people.

Hobbit, reading your story about the puppy made me cry! :cry: I can't believe she stole your pup and din't get punished! :evil: It must have been reallyhard on you actually LOSING a pp..but I'm not making it any better.. :cry: I'm soo sorry Hobbit. And maybe one day, my sheer luck or a miracle, you will see that pup at your door,wagging her tail and happy to be at home! :cry: I reaaaalllly hope so! :cry:

HOBBIT I am ready to help you beat that woman..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
why don't you send a friend over posing as a customer, and see if they can spot your pup? Better yet, how about talking a COP into doing that?

About the autistic child, I just watched a show about an autistic boy who got a dog...it had been specially trained to help keep him home and be his companion. A female lab, I think. About 6 weeks into it he started to respond to her (verbally AND physically) like he had NEVER done with anyone, even his family. It was really neat!!!

And re the other ads.... I can't believe someone would say, "I have a really large house, but not enough $$$ for a dog"!!! and other such nonsense. My response would be, the price is the LEAST of your expenses for a pet, so i am sure you cannot afford one!!!!!!!

[quote name='Hobbit']
Three days later, the bitch drove back up to our gate, this time she didn't open it ---- she was calling our dogs to her Jeep as I was coming out of the house. I saw her bend over and pick up a female Kelpie pup (just happened to have been Guy's sister, Kiley). [/quote]
Does she have her dogs listed on a website? Or can you get someone to go "looking for a pup to buy" at the woman's house, and see if she's there? I'd check any kelpie or kelpie mix litters I saw advertised or heard about, that way if someone's breeding her, maybe you can find her. If you can find her, you can prove it's her by tracing the DNA back to your dogs (assuming the parents are still around, or I guess any close relative would work?). I couldn't help but think about how nice it would have been if your fence was "hotwired" when she leaned over it to get the dog :lol:

[quote name='gooeydog'][quote name='Hobbit']
Three days later, the bitch drove back up to our gate, this time she didn't open it ---- she was calling our dogs to her Jeep as I was coming out of the house. I saw her bend over and pick up a female Kelpie pup (just happened to have been Guy's sister, Kiley). [/quote]
Does she have her dogs listed on a website? Or can you get someone to go "looking for a pup to buy" at the woman's house, and see if she's there? I'd check any kelpie or kelpie mix litters I saw advertised or heard about, that way if someone's breeding her, maybe you can find her. If you can find her, you can prove it's her by tracing the DNA back to your dogs (assuming the parents are still around, or I guess any close relative would work?). I couldn't help but think about how nice it would have been if your fence was "hotwired" when she leaned over it to get the dog :lol:[/quote]

She doesn't have a website. I check ALL of her ad's. Kiley is only 7 months old. The major problem is, I don't know a soul here. No one that I could get to go over there to look around.

I still have her mother, so DNA can be matched.

Knowing her, she dumped her on the side of the road or sold her at the flea market (that's just the kind of low life that she is). We contacted every flea market, put up posters with her picture on it, but no word so far. I keep hoping that we'll eventually find her.

If i were you i wouldnt have been able to keep my cool, i realize much of that is the 17 y/o hormones and whatnot. But i have a suggestion, go to her house, and take all her dogs, get them spayed/neutered, and return them :evil:. Or kidnap her, and start an IDIOT X BABY MILL!

Those ads are despicable, especially since there are so many dogs at the humane society, in fact i can picture one aussie shepard that i would love to adopt, but it was tough enough for my mother to let me adopt Bentley, i say it took me 17 years to convince her to let me get a dog :lol:

[quote name='StarGaze']So sorry, Hobbit. That's so wicked. Your poor pup at [i]her[/i] mercy. Too bad none of us live near you...to go there and look for your pup. :(

We caught a guy leaving our home (an illegal)...took our kids social security cards and one of our tvs! Same story as you...police wouldn't do anything, not enough evidence. How can [b][i]seeing [/i][/b]someone do something not be enough?!

Connie[/quote]

I know what you mean Connie. It's crazy. You would think that "seeing" would be enough, but now days it isn't. Now days, a signed confession with DNA evidence isn't enough. Oh and let's not forget you can have the blood of your murdered wife inside the vehicle that YOU are driving --- and still get off FREE!