Dogomania

What is your dog`s fave toy?

Guest Anonymous

WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVORITE TOY?  

1. 1. WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVORITE TOY?

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago I would have said that Kavik's favourite toy was the Kong. But we have a magnetic dart board with flat-tipped darts that he stares at (in the intense Border Collie manner) for hours on end. He won't come, he won't eat, he won't play with the Kong or even bark at the door when it is knocked upon if the dart board is out.

When we play, you sit or stand close to the ground, about eye height for Kavik in a sit. As you toss the darts, Kavik will leap at them, catch or block an ever-increasing amount of the darts (currently at about 3-4 out of 6 on average). I guess he ike it so much because they move faster than a running dog or cat (for herding), faster than the Kong, faster than anything he's ever had the chance to chase. And he won't chew on the darts either, just drop them and wait for the next one.

We have to put the board away all the time to avoid further breaking his OCD mind.

• 3 months later...

Absolutely my Rotties fave is the Tennis Ball! As soon as I take it out of the drawer she is ecstatic. I wonder why all Rotties seem to love tennis balls? I have to put it away,though or she will destroy it. I bought her a Kong and it sat in the yard for months,I even put steak in it and she still didn't care about it. Then a friend's Rottie came over and this dog,Dakota went for the Kong and my girl,Hiedi ,got upset and grabbed it away and started chewing on it like it was her FAVORITE toy. Silly girl! Then Dakota left and Hiedi ignored the Kong again. She also loves to chew on large bones and bark at the vacuum cleaner and any sort of teeter totter or merry go round or swings. I guess she thinks those things are not safe.

Indy loves anything he can shake. You don't want to get in the way when he is shaking his knotted rope - it hurts. :-?

He also as a soccer ball that has a rope attached to it. He grabs it by the rope and shakes for all he is worth and then lets go and the the ball goes flying... of course he only ever does this in the house :roll:

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

[b]Lucy, my german shepherd, loves bricks. The people we bought the house from left a pile of bricks behind the shed. Lucy loves to carry them all over the yard, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, and then bury them for later use. She broke two of her teeth on them, requiring vet attention, so of course, we loaded all the bricks up and brought them to the dump. But, she buried so many of them that we are still finding more of them. I think she memorized where she buried them all and is still hiding them from us. Silly dog doesnt want to play with anything else.

Gracie, my dalmation, collects frogs. The dogs used to be loose in the yard together, with each having thier own dog house. Ms. Gracie never instigated a fight until the frogs invaded our yard. She would collect them on her way to the dog house and dump them all in this puddle a few feet from the dog house (yeah, sometimes she had to pick them up and drop them a few times on the way, they tasted funny!). She would stand guard over them and protect them from the other dogs. Eventually we had to move them to kennels because they were acting like girls :wink: and fighting too much. So, for a couple of years, no frogs for Gracie. But, the other day I'm out there cleaning the kennels and what does Gracie have in her dog house but a big ol' frog!

Allie, my lab/shepherd/husky, likes bark. No, not twigs and branches, but the bark off the trees. She is always trying to strip the trees bare. I can't get her to play with much else. She does like the kiddie-pool, but I had to take that away because while she loved just laying in the water, she would also pee in it...yuck!

Xena, the staffordshire who belongs to a friend but has lived here for two years, LOVES attacking water. The hose is her best friend and she can spend hours biting the water. She loves balls and kong toys as well.

Bosco and Chakotay, my two foster dogs who have been waiting for over a year for the right home, are in love with every toy they can find. SO not picky![/b]

Stuffed toys!! Rio was not allowed stuffed ones when she was little because we did not want her to think that all stuffed ones were good. Later on though when we knew that she could tell the differance between them she got her soft squeaky toy, and it has been stuffed toys all the way!

[img]http://www.petsmart.com/images/product/large/a204742.jpg[/img]

The frog was her second one- it said RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT and then it died... :cry: :cry: :cry: Rio would try to make it squeak day after day!! She finally crunched it so hard she shattered it in to tons of peices!!

She loves plastic water bottles too...the noise is the best part!!

• 2 weeks later...

[color=green][/color] My 5 year old dog, Lucky will do anything just for you to play with his tug-a-rope toy. He usually wins mind you. That or he manages to drag me across the floor. :-? Acctualy I can hear him playing upstairs with my brother as I type this! :o His toy is very colorful with many neon to dark colors. He simply loves it. He used to play with them lots when he was a pup. It used to take him only half of a day to rip it to shreds but since he's a bit older now it will last him a few months! :D

TOYS! Oh Boy! Felix loves toys! Of course his favorites are the ones that belong to the children. ugh! Then there is the garbage. Which I have hidden under the sink but I still find shredded trash all over the house. And lets not forget laundry. Not dirty laundry as I use tall upright laundry baskets, no I'm talking about clean, fresh out of the dryer laundry. I use a smaller basket to put clean clothes in as I pull them out of the dryer. Only sometimes the boys distract me and I have to put the basket down before I can fold and put the laundry away. By the time I return to the basket my four legged theif has made off with some clothing and I have to find out where he hid it before he destroys it. He doesn't overturn the basket mind you, he shifts the clothes around until finds what he's looking for (generaly something of mine). :-?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

My dogs and my favorite toys are kongs! I know my dogs l[i]ooo[/i]ve stuffed toys too, but it's not to play with per say...as it is to rip apart, shred, and leave the fluffy goodness around the house or yard...for you know who to pick up!!! [b]Buggers[/b]!

[color=blue]My Bulldog, Ivan, loves 'killing' any toy that squeaks. He also enjoys playing chase with me, and chasing down critters in my front yard, including lizards, ants, praying mantis's, and he even killed a shrew once! :o I really have to keep an eye on him! Between the squeaky toys and the critters, I think Ivan has a really strong predatory instinct which I did not think was that prevalent in Bulldogs as a breed. I thought the predatory instinct was more indicative of the terrier and hound groups - any thoughts? :hmmmm:

Aurelius Victor :shiny:[/color]

• 1 month later...

Jesse likes all toys but his favourite are stuffed toys. He likes to pull all their stuffing out :o :lol: He also will take a stuffed toy or anything soft and go to sleep sucking on it like he's a puppy nursing! It's so cute, he's been doing it ever since he was a puppy! :D He also likes chweing on pop bottles. He waits until I'm finished drinking my Coke so I'll give him the bottle. He flattens it in minutes! :lol:

• 10 months later...