Dogomania

Great Dane Anyone?

wildbunch

How many of you out there have these loveable giants?

(My little girl is Kimba, now 3.5 months-picture at left 4 weeks)
Just wanted to see who everyone is as I am new to your forum. Noticed quite a few of you are from the U.K. I actually grew up in Biscester north of Oxford. Dad was in the air force. I miss it tremendously.
:cry:
I have since then lived in 5 different states in the United States. I miss the green rolling hills of the U.K.

Anyone out there with hounds or Malamutes?
I'm hoping this will help me get to know all of you.

Yellow we're in central oregon.
No Friesians currently (working on it). I am infatuated with the breed and have ridden quite a few. Oh so smooth. :D
Currently riding a 3 year old paint mare. Working on my dressage. Between work, the horses and dogs I don't know where I find time to do anything. But you gotta love it. Life isn't worth living without animals beside you.
:lol: I think I'll use that as my signature quote.

Hey Sasha,

Where in Florida are you? We took a road trip to Florida this past spring. Rented a house with a pool (for the puppies). We stayed for 12 days and had such a wonderful time. The road trip was great too. Took us about a week to get there. Camped along the way. What fun! We're definately going to do it again just next time we're going to skip DisneyWorld. It was kind of a let down.
The dogs had such a grand time. (they're all that matters of course :wink: )

Hey Rowie,

Thanks for the welcome. Below is the list.

Shiloh-Coon hound, fox hound, lab mix-5 years young, Altered
Willow-Alaskan Malamute-Silver & white-4 years young, Altered
Kimba-Merle Dane-3.5 months

(Willow was featured in the Espree international clothing catalog last winter) Had to brag a little. He is gorgeous. And he loves the camera he was sucking it up.

Shiloh is a little porker, right now we're working on a diet but nothing works. :oops: Daddy spoils them rotten :wink:
I try to keep them fit but he can't resist sneaking the extra good fatty foods.

Guest Anonymous

Hello. I am a dane owner. Molly is 6.5 months old. She is my first (and hopefully not my last)

I also have a 3 year old Mastiff named Austin and a 9.5 month old Choc Lab named Angle

Glad to meet ya.

Guest Anonymous

Hello, I'm new..... :lol: I dont have a great dane, but I am quickly falling in love with them. Someday I would like to have one. I am aware of all the positives, any negatives I should take into account? Right now, I have a 5yr Coonhound/Pointer mix. She nuts, but I love her....

Also, I am from Oregon as well :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well hey there Dog Lady, fancy running into you at a dog site! LOL

I have one dog, a gorgeous adorable lovable sweetheart of a Dane named Parker. He's a beautiful fawn with full black mask, just hitting 4 months (and 60 lbs) now.

As far as pros and cons of the breed, you have to go to a reputable breeder who does health testing for eyes, thyroid, elbows, heart and hips as these are areas where Danes have problems. You need to learn about their specific dietary needs and how to care for them properly. They require training of course, as all dogs do, especially giant ones. They have a shorter life span. Those are the cons...the pros are just too much to list LOL.

Oh yeah, and I too am in the NW, but near Seattle.