Dogomania

black german shepherds

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi ,i have been trying to find a black female german shepherd for about a year and i have not found one at all that was A.K.C and from a good breeder .when i called one of them they said that black german shepherds are very hard to find are would cost about $1000 are black german shepherds that rare ?

I have friends a friend that has only ever had black German Shepherds, and she has never paid more than $300 for them and does not seem to have a hard time finding them. However, she has had some strange dogs. I am planning on getting a German Shepherd also, and from what I have seen in my dog classes, I am going to go for German or Czechoslovakian llines. Here is a picture of my girls with their best friend Coal, one of my friend's dogs. He is Czech.

[img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/826044.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Gordonmom']I have friends a friend that has only ever had black German Shepherds, and she has never paid more than $300 for them and does not seem to have a hard time finding them. However, she has had some strange dogs. I am planning on getting a German Shepherd also, and from what I have seen in my dog classes, I am going to go for German or Czechoslovakian llines. Here is a picture of my girls with their best friend Coal, one of my friend's dogs. He is Czech.

[img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/826044.jpg[/img][/quote]
does your friend breed them? and if so where is she from?
if not can you or her give me the names /phone numbers of where she got hers?

My friend does not breed them though she does plann to have a litter some day with Coal if she can find a sutable female. All the females she aquires seem to have something wrong with them, so you must be very careful. Her method now is just going to the dogs for sale in the newspaper, and checking out their lines. She went to reputable breeders, and did her reseach and the whole works and still had dogs with major health prolbems. So now, she finds black GSD's in the paper. Gets the names of the parents. Looks the parents up on OFA.com to see what their OFA is, and to make sure they were OFA'd. She meets the parents (she will only get a dog if she can meet BOTH parents). She asks the breeder what health problem are in the line. And she goes for German or Czech lines. I am sure that if you take your time and don't rush into anything, you will find a reasonabley priced sound black GSD.

Thanks Hobbit. I take my dogs running in the field and woods behind my yard to tire them out, so they basically leave my flowers alone. Also, my flowers are in islands around my yard, so they just make a little path around them. The only time they get in the flowers is if Mr. Rabbit is in there eating them. In my yard I take the view that it is survival of the fittest. As for the grass, I figure, the more they kill, the less I have to mow, but I think this "I don't care" additude just makes my grass grow more! LOL

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='trinity']hi ,i have been trying to find a black female german shepherd for about a year and i have not found one at all that was A.K.C and from a good breeder .when i called one of them they said that black german shepherds are very hard to find are would cost about $1000 are black german shepherds that rare ?[/quote]
Trinity, hi I do not know how rare they are but, I have a solid black male AKC registered, he looks like coal, but my "bear" has long hair....he is very beautiful, my sister has a short haired. We aquired our dogs from Dave Baker/KY....I believe the American Kennel Club would be able to direct you to him....He is my Dad...he has been a breeder for many many years....he always checks the blood line before he breeds, however I believe my dog bear was his females last litter....I do know that he has bought a german shephard pup about 2 years ago from germany. I could probably get in touch with him for you if you are interested.....let me know