Dogomania

Skin conditions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sorry i don't know how to spell it but what can you do for exma (spl?) on older dogs? I am using a treatment at the moment but its just a skin bath and i was wondering if there was a cream i coould get to rub in. Would E45 cream be okay for a dog cos i know thats what people use. She also has a pretty gungy eye which i wipe with eye cleaning solution which clears it up but only temporarily She is a very old dog thats why she has these problems.

Oh, tell me about eczema!!!! Remedies? You name it, I've tried it!!!! All to no avail though... as it turned out I'd developed certain food allergies (yep, you name it, I'm allergic to it :wink: ). This could be a possible cauz for the problem, you might want to ask your vet about this. If it is simply an irritation allergy you can buy oatmeal soaps, oatmeal baths, oatmeal shampoos and conditioners, oatmeal soap free washes, even oatmeal lotions! All of which I find are very good, as they not only help to heal the skin but they also sooth it so you'll have a much less itchy dog! Also try adding a little extra zinc to the diet, which helps heal damaged skin. As well as all that everyone else has mentioned and make sure your dog is always clean, as eczema can harbour bacteria that can flare it up.

Guest Anonymous

Axel I would be sure as to how much I put of anything intended for humans because a dog is going to lick it off... You can always place a sock or bandage over the area after applying the ointment to prevent the dog from licking... Just be sure it is not to tight!!! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

A cheap and VERY effective way...
Go to your local Dollar General and buy the African-American hair grease in the yellow jar. Clled Sulfate something or another. Works wonders to moisturize the skin and the coat will come in looking like a light.