Dogomania

Pet shampoos

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just curious as to what pet shampoo everyone uses.

I use Petsilk products which is an all natural product line (can be found at dog shows, Dogs Outfitters and NESerum).

Has anyone else tried this line?

My breeder uses Oster?

What does everyone else use?

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh PetSilk is one of my favorites! Nothing else in the world smells so good. I love the whole line of PetSilk products including the shampoos, conditioners and colognes. It's not the ONLY brand I buy, but definitely high among my list of favorites. I also like the Nature's Specialties line and for whitening light colored coats, nothing I've found works better than #1 All Systems.

Guest Anonymous

Colognes?..... They have Colognes? :D

Does it smell just like the shampoo?

Where do you get it from, I want some :D :D :D !!!

BTW, have you tried the Pure Silk oil? ....Love that one, too :lol: !

I used Pantene shampoo and conditioner the last time I washed BK but since I have found out they test on animals will not be buying it :evil: Prior to this we used Velvet soap on our Basset and Cocker!!! And an anti-flea type thing when they had fleas in summer.
As BK only needs a wash twice a year at the most, what would you recommend? Do dog shampoos have an expiry date? He does not get fleas and obviously has a short coat that doesn't stink and thankfully is easy to brush mud out of! Or could I go on using human shampoo, as he does not react to it? I don't have a problem with buying him doggy shampoo but if my shampoo works then I needn't bother :-? thanks guys.

Guest Anonymous

I wash Jac maybe every 4 months... When he goes and gets wet I just get a towel and dry him off then brush really well... The dryer sheet smell comes off on him and he smells good!! If I put cologne on him he would find the biggest pile of poop and roll in it. :-? He likes to smell like dog!! 8) HAHAHA He would prefer not to smell like dryer sheet but we compromise...

Guest Anonymous

I use harsh coat shampoo from two different companies and Scratchex by sulfodene
I HATE all the ones with perfume in them as they make me sneeze non stop
tea tree oil I find as noxious as poison ivy
Best way to keep dogs clean is to really brush them every day!

Procter and Gamble (who make Pantene, Clearasil, Cover Girl and other products) test on animals. So do Unilever, Clairol, and Johnson and Johnson. L'Oreal test their *ingredients* on animals, as if that entitles them to a higher moral plane!! [url]http://www.allforanimals.com/cruel1.htm[/url] has a more substantial list. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thats bad, will I do without Pantine??? Might go back to Schwartzcoff (no idea how to spell it...)
Well, when Lily was a pup she had dandruff so I bought her this $20 a bottle shampoo and conditioner (the bottles are only 227mLs!) but they were half price :wink:
Anyway, they have oatmeal in them, the shampoo in called Allergroom and the conditioner is Epi-Sooth. They smell really yummy, good enough to eat! Although I havn't done the taste test yet...
Tessa just uses whatevers around. I havn't tried it yet, but apparently Wool Wash is one of the best things to use, its a natural flea repellant, smells nice and doesn't strip the coat - nor does it cost $20 for a tiney bottle!

Schwarzkopf are owned by Wella- and they are safe! :D (oh, but Pantene is soooo nice on my hair, I hear you say... :wink: )
My stepmum used to use Wool Mix on Rinny! It worked very well on him, got rid of all the loose hair, smelled nice and was something we had in the cupboard anyway ;)
So you think it is ok to stick to people shampoo?

Guest Anonymous

hey, just thought i'd put in my two cents too :) i use mane and tail shampoo and conditioner on my dogs, they come out very clean, soft, and not too dried out. i use it on my hair too.......it is very gentle, it smells fresh but not disgustingly prissy or strong. i have not had a single flea or tick on either of my dogs since i started using frontline on them. i have found that you don't really need to put it on every month on the dot like they tell you to, i usually go about a month and a half with no problem. you can get mane and tail shampoo at wal mart, it's $6-7 for a sizeable container and i always dilute it by half with water so it is easier to apply and lasts a lot longer. it was (surprise) originally used for horses and the directions on the back have sections for horses and people...

bk, what kind of a mix is your beautiful dog ? something about him reminds me of my pointer-dobie mix......

Thanks Marble, I had better not tell him that, his ego is big enough :D He is a blue heeler mix, maybe with smooth haired border collie. I may be wrong but I think he has a touch of dalmatian in him (same size), and some bull terrier or similar that's given him his big wide jaw- but I will never know for sure!

Bk, you heard me loud and clear! Schwarzkopf it is then :-?
Can't help you with the human shampoo though, I hear alot of people say its not balanced for the ph of a dogs skin etc etc etc but if he's not having any skin problems and you rinse him well I can't see any harm in it