Dogomania

age and puppy teeth

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey just wondering if anyone knows if you can tell how old a puppy is by their teeth. I have a dog that I got from the shelter and they told me how old she supposedly was but I have the feeling that she's younger and she has very few adult teeth. She has her four adult teeh in front across the very front of her mouth and a couple others barely starting to come in (molars) and that's it. Thanks for the help.........

Guest Anonymous

i posted a similiar question.. mine is 4 months old.. He just lost 2 of the long teeth.. i thought those were his adult teeth.... I just wanted to verify b/c i happened about 2 days ago and i can't tell if any are growing back in their place.

I don't have a picture of his teeth or i'd post it... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

hey, i sure hope those were puppy teeth......it would be very unusual for them to just fall out if they wern't... i've seen pictures of your dog, it's awesome....how much does your puppy weigh ?mine weighs somewher in the mid twenties and seems to be growing pretty fast. i wish i could put a picture of her on here but if i'm not mistaken you have to have them posted on the internet before they can be put here...maybe someone will help us with our teeth questions.

Guest Anonymous

well looks like we don't have any answers yet. My puppy is about 45lbs and 4 months old. He might even weigh more it took me quite a bit of effort to lift him into the tub this weekend. I ended up rinsing him off with the house outside. I really need 2 people to bath him properly.

Now he is missing all 4 of his long teeth.. i'm sure they have a certain name.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='lady']Hey just wondering if anyone knows if you can tell how old a puppy is by their teeth. I have a dog that I got from the shelter and they told me how old she supposedly was but I have the feeling that she's younger and she has very few adult teeth. She has her four adult teeh in front across the very front of her mouth and a couple others barely starting to come in (molars) and that's it. Thanks for the help.........[/quote]
Yes in general you can but tooth development times vary breed to breed and even within certain lines so you only get a guideline not a real exact number
[url]http://www.mesavet.com/library/dental.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.canismajor.com/dog/teeth.html[/url]

to find these sites I went to [url]www.dogpile.com[/url] and put in puppy teeth age as the search list

Guest Anonymous

hey, don't know if anyone is interested but i took my puppy to the vet to get her rear dewclaws removed today and while she was there they looked at her teeth and said she's about twenty week, five months. her adult teeth are all of a sudden coming in faster. she has all the ones across the front and her bottom two canines coming in and a couple huge molars. they also said she might not get a whole lot bigger but i'm hoping they are wrong, she's all disproportionate right now, body too long, legs too short, and head too small......anyway,thanks for the website info.....