Dogomania

Allergies?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='WanABDBAllergies']I have allergies but really want a BIG dog what breed/breeds do you think would be ok? thanks[/quote]

Unless you know you are not allergic to dogs or are taking steps to combat that allergy to the level where you know you will be able to keep the dog then I say forget it!
there are lots of large breed dogs and there may be one or more you are not allergic to - but 'bigness' is nothing in comparison to a temperament suitable for your life style in a dog.
I am very allergic to my Standard Poodle and lots less allergic to my Irish Wolfhound - completely different temperament dogs both of which are what I expected when I got them (but didn't expect the allergy to be worse with the poodle)

Guest Anonymous

no way! dont forget it.

i recommened the American Indian dog. it isnt huge, but.....well you look it up, on this site under the breeds.

Apparantly its hypoallergenic, which means that people with dog allergies arent affected by it.

Guest Anonymous

I had a native american indian dog but had to give him away because it turned out that he was actually a wolf hybrid hes name was Blytala I have pictures of him on the site. He tried to attack me a couple times a day.
Thanks anyway

Guest Anonymous

oops, sorry.

well maybe try to get a pure one.

or you could get one with no hair.......mexican hairless (if you like all that skin)

Guest Anonymous

What AID are you talking about the cyote looking ones or the fuzzy ones because I had the Fuzzy one NAID From majesticview1.com the main breeder of the NAID but theres also the AID so bly was from majesticview1.com breeder sappose to be pure but was actually wolf/malamute thanks anyways and good look if you get a NAID

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='AID_BS']no way! dont forget it.

i recommened the American Indian dog. it isnt huge, but.....well you look it up, on this site under the breeds.

Apparantly its hypoallergenic, which means that people with dog allergies arent affected by it.[/quote]

No breed of dog is hypoallergenic though some people who are allergic do find they can tolerate individual breeds usually ones that are lower shedding and lower dander dogs HOWEVER this may not hold true for any particular individual. For example I am highly allergic to my standard poodle (Which makes grooming him a real fun thing!) in comparison to my other dogs.
Anyone promoting a breed as 'perfect for everyone' 'hypoallergenic' or 'free from any hereditary problems' is probably a mill pushing sales any way they can instead of being a responsible caring breeder.
Responsible breeders don't lie about their dogs or their pups when in the process of placing pups and those above statements are outright lies used simply as sales gimmicks.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah whatever. Next time you post a reply, maybe you should actually research (or even know) what you're talking about. I'm sorry, but how can you say stuff about something you haven't even bothered trying to look up to see if somebody else could actually be right.

For example: THIS ACTUAL SITE says that the American Indian Dogs are hypoallergenic. But h e l l, what would it know? Also, check out the founder of the breed's website at [url]www.indiandogs.com[/url]. I think that he might have some interesting facts for you.

:P so there :P

Guest Anonymous

ok leason you want an American Indian Dog I had a Native American Indian Dog those are the once they say are hypo not the American I know because I talked to both breeders I talked to Mrs.Karen Markel for a year and a half and I talked to Mr.Kim Laflamme also I deside to get one of Karens dogs because I like bigger dogs plus shes the one that said hers are the hypo once. and believe me before I had to give Bly away I tried to get other opinions I saw experts on wolf hybrids vets trainers everyone you can emagine and all of them said oh yes hes a wolf hybrid at LEAST 50% probly more.... Do you think I was happy I had to give him away.. I had one person actually tell me how vicous hes being at such young age that Id be better of owning a tiger her exact words but there is still not a day that I dont miss him.. He was my little Bly Bly Babe you dont know how difficult it was for me to walk away from him and how diffiuclt it was for me to love something that would ALWAYS try to attack me ok SO DONT GIVE ME WHATEVER IM PRACTICLLY AN EXPERT ON NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN DOGS!!!!!!!!! I KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT THEM AS THE BREEDER!!!!!!!! if you go to majesticview1.com that the breeder I got bly from shes the one who says there good for allergy sufferers and shes the one who has wolf hybrids. Mr.Kim Laflamme has I believe the dogs you want and I believe his really are American Indian Dogs. So good luck with that but I dont recommend you getting one of Karens dogs because its just a heart ack waiting to happen..

Guest Anonymous

ok...

1. are you talking to me or the Guest person?

2. i was talking to Guest(who wrote the post above mine), so sorry if i offended you in some way.

Guest Anonymous

sorry i thought you were talking to me i didnt mean to get all angry.
and thanks im alot better with my allergies then i was thanks again

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

I can't speak for Majestic View, but I can tell you that I certainly would not get a American Indian Dog. Those dogs are NOT AUTHENTIC, but are coyote/husky crosses and there are many unhappy owners of them. See this site.

[url]http://www.indiandogwarning.com[/url]

Unfortunately, most dogs that are better for allergy sufferers are small dogs. A standard poodle might be the best choice for you.

However, no dog is 100 percent hypoallergenic -- some just tend to bother people with allergies less than others. I would get to know more about the breed you're interested in and spend time around them to see if you can tolerate them. You may also have to keep the dog out of your bedroom, bathe it frequently, vacuum often, etc.

This site has a list of breeds that may work well for you: [url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/allergy.htm[/url] (Btw, I wouldn't go for the American Indian Dog, either -- they look like a mix of several breeds to me, none of which are hypoallergenic.)