Dogomania

How do you learn dog grooming?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know how to become trained in grooming? I'm interested for 2 reasons: I'd like to actually groom (not just brush) my own dog, and I'd consider doing it professionally if I enjoyed it as I expect. Are there schools for groomers?

In the Uk there are courses you can go on to learn to groom dogs, i know they are quite expensive and last around 10 days, as to if that is long enough i really don't know.
Roo

There are schools here too for grooming or you can find a local groomer (make sure they are good) and if they are willing to teach you learn from them. That's what I did. I found a groomer who was getting out of it and she taught me how, sold me her equipment and I got her customers.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newflawyer']Does anyone know how to become trained in grooming? I'm interested for 2 reasons: I'd like to actually groom (not just brush) my own dog, and I'd consider doing it professionally if I enjoyed it as I expect. Are there schools for groomers?[/quote]

as you have been told there *are* schools but check them out carefully with the better business bureau etc as not all are on the up and up
Do call around the local groomers and see if anyone routinely does courses - some people are great at what they do and some are good teachers you want someone who is both!