Dogomania

American Tunnel Terrier

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone heard of this dog breed?????? We had a puppy given to us and they said it was an American Tunnel Terrier. We would like to know more about this breed, but can't find much on it. Did come across an website on them but it was old and the e-mail address and phone number are no longer in use. Thank You

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Littlewaya']Has anyone heard of this dog breed?????? We had a puppy given to us and they said it was an American Tunnel Terrier. We would like to know more about this breed, but can't find much on it. Did come across an website on them but it was old and the e-mail address and phone number are no longer in use. Thank You[/quote]

Well if somone told me that this was the breed of pups they had I would guess that either mom or dad (or both) was a terrier with good digging abilities in order to get that bitch in season bred :lol:
IOW I'd count it similar to 'sneaky swift brown fencer' dogs (brown dogs that leap the fence to breed with the bitch in the fenced yard)

Guest Anonymous

Check out this website and you will see what type of breed I am talking about.
[url]http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6945/att.htm
Our friend got this pup from a Dog Trainer in Chicago, IL. There are several people who own one of these dogs and they too are wanting to find out more information them. LW :roll: [/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Littlewaya']Check out this website and you will see what type of breed I am talking about.
[url]http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6945/att.htm
Our friend got this pup from a Dog Trainer in Chicago, IL. There are several people who own one of these dogs and they too are wanting to find out more information them. LW :roll: [/url][/quote]

They look like lovely little mutt mixbreds complete with scam registry.
I would guess Rat Terriers mixed with something else to make a new scam breed like the Munchkin dog travesty.
Just reading the standard is a real laugh for anyone who has participated in writing a real breed standard.
Its a profitable business gulling the foolish.
BTW the phone number on the website for the purported registry is registered to Larry Koura would that be the breeder/trainer you are speaking about?

Guest Anonymous

Some type of terrier (probably rat or fox) mixed with a JRT. In other words, something some wannabe rocket scientist bred together so they think they're geniuses creating a new breed.

Guest Anonymous

No, we didn't get this dog from Larry. Found out these dogs are from the Far East, as in Cambodia. Not a mix from the U.S but the original breed from over there. Only 3 breeders in the U.S has these and they are not easy to get. Dollar amount range up to a 1,000.00. They are keeping this breed low profile because of the fact they don't want everyone having one. Afraid of spoiling this breed by inter-mixing with others. Which is very understandable. I would think it takes alot of time and money to get these into the U.S.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Littlewaya']No, we didn't get this dog from Larry. Found out these dogs are from the Far East, as in Cambodia. Not a mix from the U.S but the original breed from over there. Only 3 breeders in the U.S has these and they are not easy to get. Dollar amount range up to a 1,000.00. They are keeping this breed low profile because of the fact they don't want everyone having one. Afraid of spoiling this breed by inter-mixing with others. Which is very understandable. I would think it takes alot of time and money to get these into the U.S.[/quote]

This really sounds like a typical mill scam - right down to the mysterious origins in the far East :lol: and the high price for nothing much.
Who would name a dog breed from elsewhere an "American" anything?