Dogomania

grooming

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a question. I am showing my beagle and if you know your dogs you will know that beagles are very hard to train! Well I was showing my dog and I was in the ring and he just goes nuts (most embarrsing thing :oops: ) he showed his teeth at the judge, wasnt paying attetion to me ext. So I went to this pet store and told them my proublem and they told me about this stuff called Pet Essences. They have all diffrent kinds like calming, grooming, showing, traveling, and lots more. I bought the calming one and it works great but my beagle also hates to be groomed so I thought I would buy the grooming one. They are 10$ a pice for one ounce. Would the calming solution work just the same as the grooming?? If anyone uses it and knows please let me know!! :wink:

p.s. what is the poll??

Guest Anonymous

I don't know anything about the essences that you mention but I use Rescue Remedy on my dog before vet visits as she gets really worked up about it, she wees, soils, casts her hair and very aggresive to the vet, she's just terrified. The RR has worked really well with her, calms her down a good deal. You can buy the RR at the large chemists.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='beagle88']I have a question. I am showing my beagle and if you know your dogs you will know that beagles are very hard to train! Well I was showing my dog and I was in the ring and he just goes nuts (most embarrsing thing :oops: ) he showed his teeth at the judge, wasnt paying attetion to me ext. So I went to this pet store and told them my proublem and they told me about this stuff called Pet Essences. They have all diffrent kinds like calming, grooming, showing, traveling, and lots more. I bought the calming one and it works great but my beagle also hates to be groomed so I thought I would buy the grooming one. They are 10$ a pice for one ounce. Would the calming solution work just the same as the grooming?? If anyone uses it and knows please let me know!! :wink:

p.s. what is the poll??[/quote]
your beagle sounds to melike it needs training a lot more than anything else!
you can be barred from showing if your dog menaces the judge. And BTW that is totally atypical beagle behavior and because of that I doubt your dog is of such a quality that its temperament should be passed on ...