Dogomania

pomeranian coats?if ok in a puppy

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm looking at a pom puppy-male that looks good in all respects except that his coat does not seem to stick out as much as his sisters-looks like they already have guard hairs.He is the smallest of the litter.They are only 4 weeks old now.Is there a way to tell this young what kind of coat they will have.He is a more orangey to cream color and the sisters are a bit on the darker side with maybe some sable.I love his personality-he will be a pet not show but still would like a decent coat.His father has a good coat -the mother so-so.Think the coat is thick enough but not as coarse feeling as the two females.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='guest']I'm looking at a pom puppy-male that looks good in all respects except that his coat does not seem to stick out as much as his sisters-looks like they already have guard hairs.He is the smallest of the litter.They are only 4 weeks old now.Is there a way to tell this young what kind of coat they will have.He is a more orangey to cream color and the sisters are a bit on the darker side with maybe some sable.I love his personality-he will be a pet not show but still would like a decent coat.His father has a good coat -the mother so-so.Think the coat is thick enough but not as coarse feeling as the two females.[/quote]
If the coat does not seem as nice now don't expect it to be nice later.
Quite frankly for a pet I'd go with personality and temperament not color and not coat.