Dogomania

Neopolitan Mastiff

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am considering buying a Neopolitan Mastiff and would like to hear peo-ple's experiences with this rare breed.

Guest Anonymous

Through my experience in the show ring and with some very prized neapolitan mastiff breeders in my area (I have always loved the mastiff group of dogs) I have come to find that they are very calm and gentle. They are also very loyal and protective though not prone to bite. Though there is the debate on whether to crop your neo's ears or not. I disagree with this practice.

Perhaps you should read the breed standard. Also to research to ensure it is the right breed for you and your lifestyle.

Standard for Neapolitan Mastiff:
[url]http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/neapolitan.cfm[/url]

From what I know of the breed they are very gentle and very loyal.
They make great companion dogs, as well as excellent guard dogs but before buying a breed like a neo you must be sure you will be able to afford to feed such a giant for the next 8-10 years plus the massive medical bills that are so common amoungst these giant breeds.
I myself am considering a neo, but not in the near future. I cant afford one yet!
Luv Jeanne