Dogomania

how much is a dane puppy?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I don't have many options. I live in Jamaica and there aren't many breeders and only 1 shelter that I know of. I had adopted a mut(they call them Mongruls here) puppy off the street and might do so again, but I am also interested in a Great Dane.

The breeder was charging 40,000 JM$ which is $833 US. That seems really expensive to me. Is that the going rate.

Really don't know...danes are nice but rather short-lived as are many of the large breeds.

If you get one...be very sure to talk to your vet about feeding. You can cause some major health problems with the large breeds by feeding the puppy too much of the wrong thing....can cause growth problems

Guest Anonymous

Well thats a good price (about average) IF he/she comes from a good breeder. You want to buy him from a good respected breeder, check out the breeders house, look over the pups ext. But make sure you check out the breeder REALLY good before you buy the pup.

Guest Anonymous

Is there a website or resource with a list of questions I should ask the breeder and what I should look for to make sure they are a good breeder?

Maybe the info is on this site...

Guest Anonymous

[quote]
On 2002-05-16 13:13, abusser wrote:
Is there a website or resource with a list of questions I should ask the breeder and what I should look for to make sure they are a good breeder?

Maybe the info is on this site...
[/quote]

Yea you could look at [url]http://www.greatdane.com[/url] and look around on there they might have a few.

Guest Anonymous

that price is not too much for a dane from healthy lines, health tested parents cleared of hereditary diseases and parents of sound temperament from long lived lines - around here that price is about what the local mills charge for pups that end up nasty, or with hip displasia or dying of torsion really young etc

[quote]
On 2002-05-16 09:55, abusser wrote:
I don't have many options. I live in Jamaica and there aren't many breeders and only 1 shelter that I know of. I had adopted a mut(they call them Mongruls here) puppy off the street and might do so again, but I am also interested in a Great Dane.

The breeder was charging 40,000 JM$ which is $833 US. That seems really expensive to me. Is that the going rate.
[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

Hello. I live in NY and just purchased my first dane for $1000+. It took me months to find just the right breeder and the right dog. I have to have the dog shipped in from across the country. Do a lot of research on the breed for they are in fact short-lived and prone to some serious health problems. (bloat, wobblers etc.) They also require some careful nutrition. A great website for you to look at is danesonline.com. These friendly people could not only help you with general information, but could help you find a pup from a good breeder. Hope this helps and good luck!