Dogomania

German Shepherd dog ears

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My dog is a German Shepherd which is 3 and a half months, it's ears straitend up at the right time at 2 months, it's right ear was stronger and stood stronger than the other, but suddenly the both hanged and left off.
I went to the vet, he gave me some vitamins, they worked for the right ear only and until now, the right ear is straitend up and the left ear is not, so please if any one knows what am i talking about and what to do please tell me.

Guest Anonymous

Ears often fall when pups are teething. You can ask the breeder or your vet how to help the ear stand with some adhesive tape (the cloth kind works best) while the pup is going through the teething age
the vitamins are a good idea make sure you give the right dose as the pup grows
Oh and the GSD owners I know say take lots of pictures NOW before that cute lopsided look is gone!

[quote]
On 2002-05-10 07:52, Anonymous wrote:
My dog is a German Shepherd which is 3 and a half months, it's ears straitend up at the right time at 2 months, it's right ear was stronger and stood stronger than the other, but suddenly the both hanged and left off.
I went to the vet, he gave me some vitamins, they worked for the right ear only and until now, the right ear is straitend up and the left ear is not, so please if any one knows what am i talking about and what to do please tell me.
[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I'm sure your vet is the best one to consult with but I do know that it can occur as a result of an ear infection which damages the nerves at the base of the ear and also if the cartilage in the ear was damaged...by twisting or some movement. Just keep in touch with your vet.

• 4 weeks later...