Dogomania

"Mutt" Breeding

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On the question thing...I do not care who asks the question as long as they ask..(as long as you always ask questions you are always learning!)
At least they ask before they do it..Stiff if you came to this forum(or any member) and asked the same question I would not jump all over you and i would not jump on a guest either.. I would state the reason I see why I myself would not and give the medical reason why not to but basically it is up to that person....The way I see it if you come across rude and hateful or rather demanding they are going to close off and not listen. So just state the facts and your experiences. Let them ask Guest or Member who cares..byb or first timer or kennel owner... Just think if you want to stop a byb you have to get them to listen and to do that you have to be nice. So let 'anyone' ask and learn!!! :wink: :D

Guest Anonymous

What general area are you located? The reason I'm asking is that most rescues/shelters will not let a dog or puppy go until it has been spayed and they spay at 7 and 8 wks. at a lot of shelters. I'm just surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Just asking here:

I read this on another post and hate to dig up old bones but:

After reading all these posts, it seems that most are against breeding two dogs from different breeds. Someone said, there are enough breed, why start another one. These mixes are being called "MUTTS".

Then, it sounds a little hipocritical that you guys are so vocal against one set of breeds being bred together BUT SAY NOTHING about PitBulls and Boxers being bred together and called BullBoxers. AND then calling BULLBOXER a BREED. By most standards, they fit in the MUTT category.

I visited bullboxer's website. She mentioned that she "didn't know this BREED existed".......well, it DOESN'T --- it's a man-made breed, just like the Pitbull. AND she has PUPPIES planned!!!!!

So, it's okay for SOME dogs to be bred together and called a NEW BREED, but NOT others?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Zade']Just asking here:

I read this on another post and hate to dig up old bones but:

After reading all these posts, it seems that most are against breeding two dogs from different breeds. Someone said, there are enough breed, why start another one. These mixes are being called "MUTTS".

Then, it sounds a little hipocritical that you guys are so vocal against one set of breeds being bred together BUT SAY NOTHING about PitBulls and Boxers being bred together and called BullBoxers. AND then calling BULLBOXER a BREED. By most standards, they fit in the MUTT category.

I visited bullboxer's website. She mentioned that she "didn't know this BREED existed".......well, it DOESN'T --- it's a man-made breed, just like the Pitbull. AND she has PUPPIES planned!!!!!

So, it's okay for SOME dogs to be bred together and called a NEW BREED, but NOT others?[/quote]

You must have missed all the posts where we tried to explain to the misinformed person that her dog is a nice mutt not a purebred anything.
We also tried hard to discourage her. Alas some people are determined to breed mutts and to become puppymills and cannot be easily discouraged.

• 3 weeks later...

:( A Bullboxer may be a nice dog...but it is NOT a breed. Try finding it in the AKC, UKC or anywhere else....and calling it a breed does NOT make it one.

Breeding two different brees produces a mutt...and I love mutts....in fact I love them enough that I do not want to see more of them churned out...there are enough already here.

The person who posted here and seems to think they are a breed is simply mistaken.