Dogomania

what clippers do i use

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey,
I have a yorkie and I wanted buy clippers to use in grooming him. I'm not sure which ones to buy. His hair is very fine and i think regular clippers would just pull his hair and not cut it. Is there any particular brand and size that works best for them?

thanks.
yorkie.

Guest Anonymous

Is there something i'm missing here? What's the secret to getting a reply? :sad:
I know someone that reads this forum has a yorkie. Please reply. I just want to get the right tool for the job.

thanks again.

:smile:

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

unless your looking to never have the coat again you should comb him with a metelthin comb and if you want to shave him then any clipper will work with a 8 blade

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous']Hey,
I have a yorkie and I wanted buy clippers to use in grooming him. I'm not sure which ones to buy. His hair is very fine and i think regular clippers would just pull his hair and not cut it. Is there any particular brand and size that works best for them?

thanks.
yorkie.[/quote]

My suggestion to you is this - first have him professionally groomed and or see if you can find a groomer who will help teach you how to use clippers properly and how to handle the dog calmly while you do this etc
The Oster A5 dual speed clippers are pretty good and long lasting and the Andis clippers are too IME. What you need to know is the right size clipper blades or the right size comb to go over a 10 blade to do the puppy cut you want correctly. Sharp clipper blades are the thing you need :-) that is what cuts instead of pulling - the cheap clippers found in stores won't do check out [url]www.neserum.com[/url] for lots of info as well as products used for dog grooming.