Dogomania

mixed breeds, wolf

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know it wouldn't be a good idea to own a wolf, but I saw a mixed breed on this website which the owner thought might have part red wol in it. It was an extremely beautiful dog. Does anyone know how to get a dog part wolf?

Guest Anonymous

Before you decide to get a wolf or wolf mix try to understand you are getting a wild animal (regardless if it is a mixed breed). They are very well known for biting the hand that feeds them. You will also not be able to train as well as a fully domesticated dog.
It would be dangerous to have this dog around other dogs, animals, and people.
Try to be a responsible owner and get a domesticated dog. A wolf will cause nothing but problems and youll probably have to come out of your pocket for some of its mistakes.

Guest Anonymous

Anyone even thinking about obtaining a part wolf should first go talk to some people down the road from me who had one. The wolf mix they owned killed their 3 yr. old daughter and disfigured a 5 yr. old girl for life! Wake up people...think twice.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

while i don't entirely agree with it, many wolf and wolf hybrid owners will advise to get a "wolf-looking" dog like a siberian husky or an alaskan malamute or german shepherd dog. I disagree because these dogs tend to not be for everyone, too, but at least they do not often see small humans as prey, and they are not scared of humans--siberians are known to be incredibly friendly, but very dominant.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]
On 2002-03-22 16:44, Anonymous wrote:
I know it wouldn't be a good idea to own a wolf, but I saw a mixed breed on this website which the owner thought might have part red wol in it. It was an extremely beautiful dog. Does anyone know how to get a dog part wolf?
[/quote]
there are people who love their wolf hybrids/mixes and who have the time and resources to house them properly - alas most people do not have either ability and many many of these mixes get to maturity and get dumped out by owners who cannot handle the wild traits they thought they loved.
Mixing dog and wolf is like undoing tens of thousands of years of deliberate selection for animals that can live safely with us and our children and meet our demands on them. Wolves are great animals dogs are great companions. Looks are not everything in a relationship - I'd rather a good dog than a pretty one any day :smile: Do serious research before even considering a wolf mix dog cross. Include checking your state laws on the subject - many won't let you have one and few insurance companies will either.

A wolf is a WILD ANIMAL - although interbred with a domestic dog, the wild instincts will still be foremost. They are NOT dogs - they have all the instincts of a wild wolf. Where a dog may sniff at a suitcase in the kitchen, a wolf will freak out. Little things that a dog would take in stride, A wolf hybrid will have issues with. If you insist on havng one you need to have a large area where it can run, and a penned area where you can keep it safe. It is NOT a dog, and you have to remember that. It's natural instincts will always be to run and hunt; it could kill the neighbors dog as soon as look at you. It's not really a good idea unless you are well-versed in pack hiearchy and it's multiple levels of obedience.

• 7 years later...