Dogomania

Finnish Spitz?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recently adopted a female from the Humane Society. Her breed is listed as Spitz. I cannot find any info on the breed. I'm sure she is mixed. she looks like a fox; brilliant cinnamon coat, gentle disposition, loves to hunt, is full-grown ( one and a half) and wieghs 25 pounds. Eveywhere I walk her she is complimented on her unique look. Where can I find info? Would a breeder know what she is? Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

The Spits has a fox look, you may want to look at the library if you cant find all the info you want. Her is a little info, they live about 14 years, there bark is almost sure to scare any intruders away, in fact they can bark 160 times a minute! Trainting when to bark and when not to is required for proper umbringing. When happy they "talk" with little barks and throaty purrs.
They are good at hunting, good with children and generaly accept house pets but like to be the leader.

Guest Anonymous

If you are looking for information about Finnish Spitz, you should visit at: [url]http://poro.koillismaa.fi/spj/uk/rodut/spk/ind_se.htm[/url]

This is a Finnish site (in English) for a Finnish Spitz, where you can find information and pictures of this breed. I hope that this will help you.