Dogomania

puppy problem.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm very afraid after veterinary visit of my puppy: He said (and other confirmed) that it isn't normal that 3 months old puppy has not yet his testicles!
Someone else told me that it could be normal for a Border Collie and asked me to be patient till another month.
Please, can you help me?
Many thanks in advance!

Guest Anonymous

'should be no later than 6 weeks or so - absolute max, 10 weeks...so no, it is not "normal" that they have not descended...old enough for a neuter, so best to get it done now...if not attended, can be problematic later - cancer/torsion...trait is passed on............miami347sid wrote:
>
>

Guest Anonymous

Sid, why are you "very afraid" - undescended testicle is quite common. (as indeed it is in humans too). Wait till the pup is 8 months and then have him desexed. Unless he is a show champion and superb specimen of his breed you wont be breeding from him anyhow - so the kindest thing for him is the kindest cut (and 2 stone lighter). It will save him perhaps having testicular cancer or behavioural problems later on.

Guest Anonymous

8 months is quite late for any canine to be neutered...he is old enough now...repeat: this trait is passed on, so this puppy should never be used to breed, no matter what "quality" he is..............miami347