Dogomania

Hickups and he eats very little...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, very new to this, he is my first puppy...a beagle who gets the hickups a few times throughout the day and starting this morning his appetite is down...when I first brought him home he would vacuum his dish, not even chewing...now he sits there and chews for a long time...and this afternoon he didn't even finish, but he did return later and ate everything. So, I am taking him to the vet, but in the meantime does anyone know what's wrong or if something is wrong?

Thank you,
Worried father

Guest Anonymous

hiccups not uncommon in puppies...you didn't mention age you brought him home, or how long w/you - how long gulping his meals...good that you watch closely enough to see behavior differences...perhaps he's aged enough that he now eats what he needs at a given time, rather than whatever is there - since you did say he finished later on...never any harm in consulting w/vet WHENEVER anything is different from the norm for pup, and a vet check of any new pup coming in is always advisable...['liked the sign-off]................miami347

Guest Anonymous

Thank you very much for the response miami347. He's 9 weeks old he moved in with me a week ago. I will definitely take him to the vet just to make sure.

Again, thank you for the response.