Dogomania

Grumpy Bassett

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a bassett hound, Droopy, who is 1 yr and 8 months.. Has always been a sweet loving dog. loved every up til about 2 months ago..droopy's decided that he really doesn't like them any more..He bite the guy and barks like mad a my girlfriend..he is fine to everyone else..we just took him to the vet and he is fine. being an angel and wanting to love all over the girls...what is wrong with my dog...

Guest Anonymous

'could be because this is the "challenge" age...if the humans do not take control, he will...and he does sense which humans feel alpha and which do not...the "not's" are likely the ones to experience the challenging...you might try the "earn-everything" mentioned in the message just previous, regarding bassett...use it for everything - in the door, out the door, waiting for meals, before putting on lead to go out, before a treat, etc., etc. - everything...you must be consisitent [along w/everyone else] or it won't work.............miami347

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a 10 year old Bassett who's always been grumpy and i'm pretty sure he'll stay grumpy till the day he dies......I think it's the breed,I have 10 other breeds of dogs and none of them are grumpy...even the pit bulls have good attitudes!