Dogomania

Anyone out there own a Frenchie?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have researched the french bulldog for sometime now. I have read two books about frenchies and have spoken to a couple of local breeders, but I have only spoken to one french bulldog owner. I would like to know from an owner's stand point what are they really like? Are they mellow and stubborn like the books say? They were bred stictly for companionship, so are snugglers? Do they do well with housetraining, housebreaking, and are they crate dogs? Are frenchies just as happy in a condo versus a house? I hear that some frenchies like other breeds have health issues. What types of problems have you seen in your frenchie? Most importantly there temperament and personality what is this like on a fenchie? Thanks for all your help out there.

• 5 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Frenchies are great fun they are real clowns
they are energetic and have a sense of humour, they are people dogs and love the company of humans.

Guest Anonymous

Frenchies are great companions. They love to snuggle and be part of the family. They do well with training and crates. They are a bit stubborn like any kind of bull, but love to please which makes them easier than most to deal with. They aren't yappy!

Guest Anonymous

I have been the "mom" of a French Bulldog for the past 6 years and couldn't imagine life without one. They are intellegent companions, with a gentle disposition. Mine have been extreme cuddlers and playful and east to "train". They can be a bit stubborn, but that is because they are bright enough to know what they want and wether or not they want to do it. I feel they are definately not meant to be alone for long, they need company, and they need to be a member of the family. I don't feel their health problems are many that are specified to the breed...every breed can have health problems, as well as "mixed" breeds. They tend towards heat sensitivity as to all dogs with "pushed in faces".

Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

After searching for many years for a dog I purchased a Frenchie and could not be happier. They are social loving wonderful dogs. Yes, they are stubborn and a little harder to train than a working breed; but well worth it. A walk down the block takes twice as long because my dog must say hello to everyone. They are sensitive to heat but have no more health problems than any other breed. But make sure you get your dog from a breeder!! The dogs coming in from Russia are NOT Frencies. As with any dog go to a Breeder, not a pet store