Dogomania

Weird discovery behind grass eating! LOL...

Missy

[B]:niedowiary: O.K. So I took my little fella Zeus out for his usual potty, and he started nibbling at the grass as usual..:roll: But this time instead of making him stop due to the fact that we have mushrooms all over the place and I don't think they are good for him, I decided to get on all fours right along beside him to see what all the hu bub was about with this whole grass infatuation among dogs... Oh I most certainly did in front of a busy road and all..got a couple of honks and woohoos even! Anywho to my surprise, he was not eating the grass at all. He was up rooting the grass, spitting it out to get to the dirt. "DRUM ROLL PLEASE!"....He is digging up freeking worms????:shock:he is eating earth worms:eating: LOL..Should I just let him do it? Besides the fact I don't think the apartment manager will take to kindly to the digging, but surely earth worms cant be harmful to him right?[/B]

Hey there,

I don't think that earth worms are bad for a pup. Dogs by nature are scavengers (think wolves). I have actually had a dog behaviorist recommend spreading kibble in the back yard to prevent the dog from pooping in that area. (Dog's don't like eating near their poop/waste generally).

The larger problem I think is allowing the pup to do this and create problems with your landlord. There are a good number of ebooks out there and or hard copies that can help you address this and many other problems. I like the book Good Owners, Great Dogs. It's written by a guy named Brian Kilcommons and Sarah Wilson. Both extremely knowledgeable... You can find it for a great price on amazon or local book store.

Good luck,

Mike