Dogomania

my 12 week old pup wont stop biting durning play what should i do?

punk_leaer2001

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 3 month old boxer puppy, and she does the same thing! Usually, saying ouch and pulling your hand away works. Also, try redirecting; he can't know what he's supposed to be doing if you only tell him no, and you don't want him associating playtime with a bad response. Usually the best thing to do is just repeat the things you're doing with him, and he will catch on. Try to remember he's still a baby! I haven't owned a lab in a long time, but I know at least with Boxers, mine will have her puppy license until she's about a year to a year and a half old. Try to be patient and remember that some take more repetition to learn than others. :mdrmed:

• 3 months later...

Hi there...

I found that anticipating and then correcting through voice commands or other distraction worked well with my Bullmastiff pup.

The technique would be to wait and watch and just as the dog would attempt to 'mouth' your hand to "Rahhh! or Bahh" or some other loud booming noise. The dog behavior becomes interrupted and as a result you then have it's attention.

Correct with a firm no! At that point give the dog a chew or bone and praise when it now mouth's it...

That worked like magic for me...

good luck!