Dogomania

"Urine Gone"

BuddysMom

I was taken in by the TV ad, have you seen it? There is a so-called "scientific black light" that shows you where all your old urine stains are, and then you spray the stuff and whopee, the stain disappears!

Well there is a room where we KNOW there's some old cat piss hiding out but we can't find it ...

So I bought the Urine Gone (in a local store, thank goodness) and try the light in this room ... all it shows are the white and light colored things in the room .. it is just a regular black light! :lol:

Anyhoo, it is all going back to the store. It is a complete scam IMO ... I'll be happy to get my $19.99 back but disappointed that it doesn't work!

Guest Anonymous

When I first bought this house I bought a regular black light and you would not believe what all lit up! If you shine one on the back of my sink it glows BRIGHT yellow...it's not urine! It's TAP WATER! UGH!

Black lights are good if you can tell the difference between one glowing thing and another.

I've seen that stuff on tv and it looked like a total scam to me. Also, what I didn't get is why they had people spraying this stuff all over supposed "urine" on toilets and floors and such instead of just cleaning it off. "Oh, there's pee all over my toilet. I can't be bothered getting it off; I'll just spray over it!" Do people really do this?? :o

That kind of advertising pretty much convinced me that it was a scam. I'm sorry you got taken, BM, but I'm kinda glad to hear some feedback on it. :oops:

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Also, what I didn't get is why they had people spraying this stuff all over supposed "urine" on toilets and floors and such instead of just cleaning it off. "Oh, there's pee all over my toilet. I can't be bothered getting it off; I'll just spray over it!" Do people really do this?? :o [/quote]

:lol: Good point! I think I would have cleaned it first ... :oops: :D

actually it does work, in a limited capacity.

blacklight does make organic waste (and unfortunately other substances too lol) show up, i've managed to clean up a couch with multiple pee spots after one of my male cats had an UTI episode and started peeing on all kinds of things.

the thing they don't tell you is that you [b]won't[/b] see anything that is still hidden deeper in the fabric/carpet - i think which is what happened to you, Buddy'sMom- since the light only reveals whatever is on the surface and you might already have cleaned that up sufficienly, just not whatever soaked in below. of course the light doesn't get there, so it won't show up. you also have to hold it really close to the "suspect" area to see stains show up, no more than maybe 5-10 inches away.

i've seen the commercial and felt the same when i saw them just spraying it on and the "glow" disappears, but i think the message isn't "just spray it on and forget about it" but "spray it on, let the active ingredient do its thing and then wipe it off".

that being said, i don't use the product from that TV infomercial, but instead the "petastic" brand, which works well for both odor and spot removal. it's also nice when you have to take care of laundry that has been soiled by any kind of organic waste.