Regulamin Forum   12/31/16

Dogomania na Facebooku
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/DogomaniaPL/    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan

What kinds of food has your dog stolen!

27 posts in this topic

Has your dog ever stolen food which wasnt intended for him? What are your stories? I have a ton of these.

My wife made no bake cookies once and then asked if I was hungry cause I had eaten so many. When you make them you have to spoon them out on wax paper and let them get hard. I hadnt eaten any of them. Careful examination, showed a long tongue mark had wipped out the first two rows which was about 20 cookies! Lugar did that one! He loved no bake cookies!

Lets see....

3 turkey sandwiches
2 rows of choco chip cookies (closest to the edge of the cabinent)
1 loaf of bread
5 potato rolls
1 bag of turkey
2 peices of pepporoni pizza
Tried to eat an orange once.. that didnt go far..

And a freakin' partridge in a pear tree. :lol: :lol:

Carse is a counter-surfer extrodinaire. I think its a Springer thing. :roll:

the no bake cookies i make have cocoa in them :o

aspen is a food stealer but he only takes food from scott. like taking candy from a baby. he stole a sub out of his hand once, cheese, burrito, bacon, whatever he can get!

gaia is a dream i can literally offer her a plate of meat and she won't eat it until i tell her she can. she will sniff it and look at me but won't eat it.

oh good lord, what hasn't Kes stolen is more like it!

a christmas tree bun
a thanksgiving roll that i had buttered on my plate
a piece of cake
steak from my dads plate
a waffle

the list goes on....but you have to have eyes in the back of your head when Kes is around :lol:

We had a cook-out and my son's friend made the fatal error of getting up and leaving his plate on the back porch table....where Sassy instantly jumped up, knocked his plate down (paperplate) and ate his hot dog, chips, etc...... :oops:

All Buddy ever stole was a two bite brownie (chocolate :x )

We have left all kinds of things on the coffee table at his nose level ... from hambugers, to pizza, to turkey sandwiches ... and the only thing he could NOT resist was a brownie! :lol:

Oh yeah and he ate a grape jellybean thet I dropped at Easter. Completely ignored my "Off" command. :roll:

Shilo nor Kat have ever stolen any food from us...
Lucky, the cat, has though. :roll: :lol: Hes eaten steaks, hamburger meat, bread, you name it! Our fault for leaving it up on the counter overnight... we shouldve known Lucky would do that. :roll: As soon as he thinks were asleep hes up on the counter at night checking things out. :x When I catch him he gets chased around the house and squirted with water though. :lol:

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Shilo nor Kat have ever stolen any food from us...
Lucky, the cat, has though. :roll: :lol: Hes eaten steaks, hamburger meat, bread, you name it! Our fault for leaving it up on the counter overnight... we shouldve known Lucky would do that. :roll: As soon as he thinks were asleep hes up on the counter at night checking things out. :x When I catch him he gets chased around the house and squirted with water though. :lol:[/quote]

Nikki's like that too.. :lol:

Her and Carse are now working together. She'll jump up on the table, pull candies out of the bowl, and drop em on the floor for Carse. I caught em yesterday.. Carse quickly ran away with that "I wasnt doing anything!" look.. Nikki, meanwhile.. sat there with a peppermint in her mouth staring at me.. :roll: :lol:

:lol: Cats are evil lil things arent they?! :x :P Lucky and Kat have worked together like that one time now that I think about it... Lucky opened this package of rolls and dumped it on the floor. They "shared" them. :roll: See, I dont think Luckys intention was to work with Kat... she just happened to benefit from his mistake of dropping them on the floor. :lol: :lol: At least in my situation, both the dog and cat know they arent supposed to be doing those sorts of things. :lol:

:wink: That happened with a package I had on the counter.....bad Kato Kat climbed up to see what was in it (dog goodies) and he knocked one to the floor and the dog got it......wasn't supposed to have it (Xmas goodie) :x

I can't really think of any food that my kids have stolen. I don't leave any food within reach and besides, Pooh Bear prefers to chew on inedible things-LOL.

But my Golden named Cracker who I had about 20 years ago stole a frozen pizza that I had on the countertop thawing out. When I found him, he had the pizza on the floor and had eaten almost the whole thing.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']:lol: Cats are evil lil things arent they?! :x :P Lucky and Kat have worked together like that one time now that I think about it... Lucky opened this package of rolls and dumped it on the floor. They "shared" them. :roll: See, I dont think Luckys intention was to work with Kat... she just happened to benefit from his mistake of dropping them on the floor. :lol: :lol: At least in my situation, both the dog and cat know they arent supposed to be doing those sorts of things. :lol:[/quote]

Ohh. I rememeber another one... :lol: Carse got a bag of lettuce off the cabinent one time, took it down stairs in shook it.. sending lettuce flying everyone. One little nibble and he decided that it wasnt edible. The cats, however, were in heaven. :lol: :lol: :lol: You shoulda seen their eyes...

A few years back Abby stole half a rack of ribs off the table. :roll: She's never really been a food stealer but she couldn't resist those ribs and I don't really blame her. :lol: Boy was my dad pissed though!

She ate the whole thing amazingly fast before we could get it from her, she's lucky they all digested okay. :-?

Oh heck now if were talking about cats, then Phoenix takes the biscuit! That cat has eaten anything that he possibly can get his greedy little paws on :o His favourite has been my sweeties supplies! One night he had a blooming field day eating half a bag of maltesers, an apple puff, choc chip muffin and a bite of an orange dairymilk. That was in [b]one [/b]night...he tasted everything and nibbled on everything that was in the bag that I thought I had cleverly hidden under my husky dog on my bed but he found it all.. He did it for spite! I swear he did it for spite because previous to that he had been banned from my room for eating 3 choc chip muffins on 3 separate occasions! :roll: He was a sorry cat though that night. He was so stuffed he couldn''t move and im surprised he didnt get chocolate poisoning! :roll:

a hilarious time was when he grabbed my dads sirloin. dad had half way gone through his dinner and the hilarious thing was that there was a bit of fat beside the meat and Mr P opted for the meat :lol:

he steals anything he possibly can..although he did get his just desserts one night when he found a curly wurly under cherith's bed and he got his teeth stuck together on the toffee :lol: :roflt:

another time i was cooking an omelette for my dinner before work one saturday not so long ago and the wee sod got the bacon that was frying in the pan :roll: scattered the pan and bacon all over the darn floor and was roasting the gob off himself but he was a vicious wee bugger lungs and wouldnt give it up. Id just taken my eyes off it for 2 ticks to check on michael (my nephew) and Kes outside and Michael was rolling on the floor killing himself laughing :lol:

I also forgot to say about one time with Meg...I know its hard to believe that my perfect little Meg could ever steal :wink: We were at a show and had just done a cracking obedience round and were placed first. I was being congratulated and I heard an Oi and Miss Meggie had decided she had done so well that she had helped herself to a cream bun from the tea tray :lol:

Smokie steals any beef jerky in site.

Once my brother was waiting for his pizza cool on the table, and the mailman came with a delivery and when he went to walk back in the kitchen. Smokie was ontop of the table eating his pizza!! LOL! Needless to say, Trav didn't touch it after that.

When it comes to stealing food, Daisy is the best behaved dog I have ever had. Not only can we leave a plate of our food on the floor and leave the room but she will not even eat her food from dishes she believes are for our use.

Now the little peke mix we had years ago was the biggest chicken and beer thief I ever cames across!!! Turn your back on a beer and that little guy would drink every drop in the can and spill none. No, we did not allow him to have beer, he would sneak up behind us and get it if it was beside us.
The only way we were able to stop it was to close him up in the bedroom when we had friends over and there was beer around.

:Dog_run:

Re-Run has only stolen one thing, an entire stick of butter. We are able to leave our plate anywhere and until you tell him he can have it, he won't touch it.

However he is like JC, if it hits the floor, it's his.

[quote name='rotten_two']the no bake cookies i make have cocoa in them :o

aspen is a food stealer but he only takes food from scott. like taking candy from a baby. he stole a sub out of his hand once, cheese, burrito, bacon, whatever he can get!

gaia is a dream i can literally offer her a plate of meat and she won't eat it until i tell her she can. she will sniff it and look at me but won't eat it.[/quote]

For the cookies, try Hersheys syrup. They dont get all dried up like they do after a couple days when you use KOKO. :wink:

ozzy is the WORST as food stealing! if you turn your back while in the kitchen he'll steal it from ya.
he's really good at stealing sandwiches

one time he stole 7 steaks that my sister and her boyfriend bought :o boy were they pissed!!

he's stollen cookies and cookie dough too, also loafs of bread

i put maggie's dinner in the sink to thaw(she eats raw..) the other day and ozzy stole that too :x

When Jesse was still a youngster, he stole my peanut butter and jelly sandwich right off the dining room table. I had put it there so I could go out and start the car, it was freezing out. It was to have been my quickie breakfast. I came in, sandwich is gone, and Jesse is smacking his lips. I think he wanted another one.
Jesse was the first dog in our family who could literally put his HEAD on the dining room table, all the other dogs before were too short.

Scrappy stole a whole beef briscut once. There was no time to fix anything else and I ended up with a bologna sandwhich. I was ready to kill that dog!

I had a friends dog (a Pit) take a whole pie off a counter on Thanksgiving Day and eat it. I still dont see how he got the pie off the counter and sat it down on the floor without spilling it! :o

Kavik stole a hotdog and bun once and I scolded him and since then he has only snatched buns and only those that people are throwing across the room to another person - a perfectly legitimate mistake I'm sure but it has fueled his obsession with bread and buns.

Zaphod (or EatDog as we sometimes call him) is another storey:
buns
bread
plate of cookies
a cadbury easter egg and the foil it comes in that some twit left on the stairs
enough dog food in one sitting to send us to the vets
pizza
a whole thing of sweet and sour sauce (he was a trifle hyper for a while)
chips - chip bag barely disturbed but empty
a number of left overs waiting to be scraped before dishes - dish still on counter fairly undisturbed
other stuff, basically he is an opertunistic foraginer.

if we include things that are not really food, then Laurel takes the cake. she is the countersurfer supreme....I cant leave dishes in the sink or on the counter or they'll be on the floor (broken) in a heartbeat. she has also chewed up cat food cans, plastic pop cups, straws, anything that smells remotely edible...

the other nite she grabbed a can of dog food off the counter (that I was going to mix with their dry) that has a pop-top. she pulled the pop-top off and started eating it!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

[quote name='courtnek']
the other nite she grabbed a can of dog food off the counter (that I was going to mix with their dry) that has a pop-top. she pulled the pop-top off and started eating it!!!

:o :o :o :o :o[/quote]
Laurel believes in self service apparently!

Starr has stolen just about everything there is.....he sits right next to you weather you are at a normal table or a coffe table or in bed......he has taken the bite off my husband fork as hes going for his mouth...I dont let him do it with me but my husband is really bad and thinks its cute.

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/ksqueenie/starjaz.jpg[/img]