Dogomania

Bit by a Bouvier!!!

ShatteringGlass

I got bit in the thigh by a Bouvier today at work! :o Ok, so here's what happend: This customer dropped off her 2 Bouviers this morning for grooming, one male, one female. So I put both of them in seperate cages, then the male starts pawing at the cage, and he breaks the water bottle thats on it. The nozzle came off and fell into the cage, while the water was spilling everywhere. So I open the cage to go and get the nozzle, and the dog is trying to escape the cage, so I block him with my body, and what does he do? He bites me, HARD right on my right thigh. :evil: So I screamed a few obscenities at the dog, and he let go and he backed into the cage and I closed it quickly.

Good news, it didnt bleed and its not severe, it's mostly two big bruises with some broken skin that kinda looks like a scrap or a rash. But my leg still hurts!! I think if he had gotten me on my bare arm, the bite would've been worse, I think my pants prevented him from really breaking the skin.

And I DID NOT touch that dog for the rest of the day, or will I ever!!!

sorry you got bitten -- that sucks! could you not have moved him completely to another run and then retrieved the nozzle? reaching and grabbing and pushing and pulling in crate/run scenario is dangerous. maybe you do it all the time with no problem. there is always that one incident tho that makes you go oh yeah they have 42 teeth and i should really be more cautious. at least your reminder was relatively mild!

[quote name='rotten_two']sorry you got bitten -- that sucks! could you not have moved him completely to another run and then retrieved the nozzle? reaching and grabbing and pushing and pulling in crate/run scenario is dangerous. maybe you do it all the time with no problem. there is always that one incident tho that makes you go oh yeah they have 42 teeth and i should really be more cautious. at least your reminder was relatively mild![/quote]

I've been working as a groomer for almost 4 years. This is the first time a bite has resulted in a big bruise. I'm usually very aware and careful with dogs. If the dog showed signs of aggression before hand, I defenetly wouldnt of been sticking my hands in there with him in it. I wasnt pushing, grabbing, or pulling. I was simply standing my ground in front of the crate opening (so my body was blocking the opening) and just bit my leg. I guess he really wanted to get out of the cage! But he didnt have to bite me! :lol: