Dogomania

Torn on pit bulls (again)

BuddysMom

[quote name='spirallollipop']As far as the "I think it there is as much difference between two types of dog fighting as their is between UFC fighting and the old Roman Gladiator death matches. " :D I respectively disagree.[/quote]

And I agree with you here; did you see my 'rose is still a rose" type comment earlier? :lol: But you got it, RESPECTFULLY disagreeing is what keeps us "together" here. 8)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO FAIR!!!! you have stories and you arent SHARING!!!!

I got busted off of a site that has "word replacement" software for what are considered "unapproved" words, which is fine, because there are some young children there(like 14 or so) and that has to be taken into consideration. one of the words they didnt allow is "virgin"...they replaced it with "sexually inexperienced female" (personally, I think the replacement was more telling than the word itself) and I asked "so what about the Virgin Islands? or Virgin Olive Oil? Or Virgin Wool?"
then I really got in trouble by saying "Y'know, MEN can be virgins too..."

BAM! gone is a heartbeat. with a nasty email about "flouting" the rules....

I was eventually allowed back on, but I think the banning was ridiculous...ok maybe I should've left out the men comment, but the other 3 were valid uses of the word and had nothing whatever to do with sex....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Alan']

I dont take friendship lightly. Either you are my friend or you are not and if you think enough of me to call me your friend, you had better have a little bit of confidence, faith and trust in me because I will have it there for you![/quote]

Alan,

Why aren't there more guys like you in the world? I bet I wouldn't have half the problems I have if more men were like you!

[quote name='Tammy'][quote name='Alan']

I dont take friendship lightly. Either you are my friend or you are not and if you think enough of me to call me your friend, you had better have a little bit of confidence, faith and trust in me because I will have it there for you![/quote]

Alan,

Why aren't there more guys like you in the world? I bet I wouldn't have half the problems I have if more men were like you![/quote]

my sentiments exactly.....

and yes, sometimes women can rip a new one under certain circumstances....myself included, as you all know. but I will always try to hear both sides of the story first....well, there are a few exceptions, like that chick who spent all of 5 mins looking for her dog....but I try to make that the exception.

Alan, you got any brothers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Michele'][quote name='Debbie'][quote name='Michele'][quote name='Debbie']Are you married ? :evilbat:[/quote]

yea...are you?[/quote]

:o Ummmmm........ :oops: yeah....I was just asking for the other ladies !!! :wink:[/quote]

LOL..you were asking if Alan was married????....that's what I want to know to......[/quote]

Yeah, I was asking if Alan was married ......... :wink:

[quote name='BuddysMom']
By the way if you can find a report of a dogl like Buddy killing or maiming someone please send it along. If it helps you in your search, the best guesses on his breed are lab/BC, beagle/springer, or lab/basset. Oh yes, and he's CGC, TDI and of course proudly nuetered. Bring on those news reports of maulings by dogs similar to him then, can't wait to see them.[/quote]

I have not read all pages of this discussion yet - so forgive me if I bring something up that already has been overly discussed...

My dog (probably Ridgeback mix) has CGC as well - passed it excellently - and is neutred. That does not mean that I would say that he would never ever bite, maul or do something similar. Of course, I think he would not do it nor has he ever done anything nearly like it, but I can't be sure. After all it is an animal and might just react on something.

It is my responsibility to keep this possibility minimal and to keep him out of situation which may trigger something like that. That includes not letting him running around, socialize him properly and make sure, he trusts me.

All in all - it is my believe that it is always the owner's fault not the type of breed of the dog.

[quote name='raven'][quote name='BuddysMom']
By the way if you can find a report of a dogl like Buddy killing or maiming someone please send it along. If it helps you in your search, the best guesses on his breed are lab/BC, beagle/springer, or lab/basset. Oh yes, and he's CGC, TDI and of course proudly nuetered. Bring on those news reports of maulings by dogs similar to him then, can't wait to see them.[/quote]

I have not read all pages of this discussion yet - so forgive me if I bring something up that already has been overly discussed...

My dog (probably Ridgeback mix) has CGC as well - passed it excellently - and is neutred. That does not mean that I would say that he would never ever bite, maul or do something similar. Of course, I think he would not do it nor has he ever done anything nearly like it, but I can't be sure. After all it is an animal and might just react on something.

It is my responsibility to keep this possibility minimal and to keep him out of situation which may trigger something like that. That includes not letting him running around, socialize him properly and make sure, he trusts me.

All in all - it is my believe that it is always the owner's fault not the type of breed of the dog.[/quote]

I agree with you raven. And I do not believe Buddy (or any dog) is 100 percent certain never to bite in any circumstance.

When I posted that I was a sputtering child ... reacting to a perceived "shove on the playground." Not proud of it. :oops:

[quote name='Alan'][quote]When I posted that I was a sputtering child ... reacting to a perceived "shove on the playground." Not proud of it. [/quote]

Oh? I say you love to be pushed on the playground and that you love a good fight! I can prove it! Look at your siggy!

Now! I just pushed ya! What are you gonna do about it?????????????

:lol:[/quote]

*sputter* *sputter* *sputter* Waaaahhh! MOMEEeeeeeee...

[quote name='raven'][quote name='Alan']
You are talking about Goats! I remember the story of Billygoat Gruff![/quote]

Explanation for non-US-Citizens?[/quote]

The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Norway
Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll , with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .

"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.

"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy goat. "Wait a bit till the second Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Well, be off with you," said the troll.

A little while after came the second Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap, went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"Oh, it's the second Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, who hadn't such a small voice.

"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! Don't take me. Wait a little till the big Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Very well! Be off with you," said the troll.

But just then up came the big Billy Goat Gruff .

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap! went the bridge, for the billy goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.

"Who's that tramping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"It's I! The big Billy Goat Gruff ," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.

"Now I 'm coming to gobble you up," roared the troll.

Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside. There the billy goats got so fat they were scarcely able to walk home again. And if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so,

Snip, snap, snout.
This tale's told out.

[quote name='Alan'][quote name='BuddysMom']Oooooh, I am just like Bush and Cheney, starting wars but never doing any fighting myself ... The power! The power! :evilbat:[/quote]

Ya know, you are gonna start another feud if you Bush Bash cause I know there are a lot of people who would agree with you but there are a lot who would strongly disagree to! You may even get Rush in here to fight with ya!

No offence intended but I came up with a new nickname for you!

I think Im gonna start calling you May.

Why May?

May is short for Maytag.

Why am I compareing you to a washing machine?

Because, just like a washing machines, you have an agitation cycle! :lol:[/quote]

:lol: Also for ... I *may* not smack you for that comment!