Teaching Your Dog To Heel - FREE VIDEO

puppywishes

Hi:

I just wanted to point everyone in a nice direction. Our web site
now has a FREE video clip that may help
a great many people teach their dogs to heel. You will need a high
speed connection to watch the clip, but it is very helpful

Here is the link

[url]http://www.puppywishes.com/Free%20Training%20Session%20with%20Adam%20Stone.htm[/url]

Enjoy

Laurie

ok i'm sorry if i'm sound way to aggrasive here but i'm really pissed off right now :evil:
please open this page on the first video of how they teach puppy to bite.
this video have no conection at all to what you tring to say, and by showing this you teaching the wrong info.
i as one who works protection with my dogs here to show you, calm as i mange to be.

[url]http://www.puppywishes.com/Dog%20Video%20-%20puppywishes,%20puppy%20training.htm[/url]

a litel backround:
when someone wants to starts working protection with there dog he first starts looking for the breed that he likes. then he learning the leadng working lines and finds the dogs he intrested to get a puppy from them.
then from when he meats the litter he checks for nerve stabilty andgeneral abilty for the best puppy for him.
i'm adding some articals you can whatch and learn and by that stop this untrue info you posting so freely in this web site
i don't like this person as a breeder and trainer, and as a human but he has somtimes great info and products ao i'll use him

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/dominanc.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/pupbite.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/handling.htm[/url]

i think that this one is the most important if you asking about the start, the selection

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/pickpup.htm[/url]

most of the articals are writhen by Bernhard Flanks ( sp )
this trainer is the owner of the best dog griper ever Itor, griper meaning this dog holds what he bited no matter what, always calm and always on full bite

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/hardpuppy.htm[/url]
"hard" in working dogs leanguge means a dog with very high drives and treshold.

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/schusa.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.leerburg.com/buyer.htm[/url]

this site has many more good info but he also has some not compitly correct, fill free to ask

now after i'm sure you read it all and please do it'll help you to finaly understand

now to the secound thing i wanted to say, malanous ( sp ) dog are wounderfull working dogs for ALL kind of work, they loved bu all hendlers for the spid of learning, the drives, athletic abiltys, full grips, good general health and great adaptation.
but they also have one big problem, this dog because they so much prefered in all working lines become somtimes with low nerve stabilty, so when a trainer starts working a mal puppy he check him for stabilty, he will check all the dogs but the mals espesialy. because we have so many of them you'll have to test many dogs untill you'll find the normal one for protection work.
the kind of work you see with the puppy in the vedio i'm talking about teaching the young puppy that it's ok to bite that thing, that everything is ok, the starnge sounds, the stick who will never thuch him untill he has a good soiled fight drive and the 2 years of age, and by that this training theaching the puppy to remain calm, that it's all familiar and usualy. when you whatcing his wounderfull full grip you see that he's just hanging there on this puppy sleeve, he's not bristaling, not fighting, he waging his tail and happy to be there, it's all in this age a big and great game. i admit that this training with all that pressure around a puppy so youn is way to much, but seeing this puppy remain so calm with full nicr bite i can agree on this steps and to see that this puppy will be great working grown up dog, with very staible nerves, and HE will NEVER bite without his hendlers command if he wasnt trained to do so

i'm sorry for the long post

if you have any other question about this kind of training please feel free to ask in PMs and here i would always love to answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

We are very sorry that you have become so upset as the result of
the video shown on puppywishes. We understand that guard training
is a very valid form of dog training. However, teaching a PUPPY to bite
and guard is like teaching a child to be a police officer. We feel that
all PUPPIES should experience a healthy puppyhood before they are
subjected to the kind of violent training that is shown in the video.

(Note: when I say 'violent', I mean that the puppy is being trained
to act in a violent manner.)

Also, keep in mind that the spirt of puppywishes is not about teaching dogs to bite people, so our views will not be the same as yours.

Also - in no way do we mean to suggest that their is anything abusive
taking place in the video that is shown. We do not know the trainer who is working with the puppy and we would hate to tarnish his good reputation.

This said, we do not feel that a young puppy should be trained to bite.

From the Puppywishes team.
[url]www.puppywishes.com[/url]

i looked at your video of how to teach a dog to heel! i think what you describe in your video is more how to teach your dog to walk nicely on leash. heel is a very specific more complicated set of actions. while i feel loose leash walking is a precursor to heel this is not what i call heeling. you would never heel a dog for 3 or 4 miles in my mind. you heel a dog past a distraction (another dog, person, across the street for instance). heeling means be in an exact location at my left side. move when i move, stop when i stop and while you're at it sit when i stop, attention on my face the entire time. we teach this in pieces and then put it all together.

Hello:

Indeed, the type of 'heeling' that you are talking about is far more
advanced then what I am teaching in my video. We teach a heal that
is good and useful for most people who are NOT into competative dog
obedience work. Also, by using the method that is shown in my video
most of what you talk about will develop in a natural manner. All of my
dogs walk at my side, turn when I trun and stop when I stop, and all
of this comes from using the method shown in my video.

I do not teach the automatic sit. Why? I feel that a dog should be allowed
to stand if it wants to. I feel that all training should be complimented with
giving the dog a good taste of "brain freedom". Teaching "heal" in my mind is a free flowing, dance like proccess, that should be a joy for both dog and owner.

And just by the way - the other day my car broke down on the highway.
I had two dogs with me and I had to walk three hours to get home! My dogs had to heal with me the whole way (for fear of them being hit by a speeding car). I can tell you that my dogs heeled with me for hours and they were thrilled to have done so. They did not protest in the least. So a good, natural, heel is not something that only last while you walk past a distraction, rather - it is a dog WANTING to walk along side the people they love.

Adam
[url]www.puppywishes.com[/url]

i agree with most of what you say in the previous post. we teach heel as a more formal command and leave 'let's go' for casual walks. do you specify a side for them to walk? i noticed in the video that the dog crossed side to side. i prefer my dogs to be at my left side.

as for the 3 hour walk home -- i suggest a cell phone or joining an autoclub!

[quote name='puppywishes']Hello:

We are very sorry that you have become so upset as the result of
the video shown on puppywishes. We understand that guard training
is a very valid form of dog training. However, teaching a PUPPY to bite
and guard is like teaching a child to be a police officer. We feel that
all PUPPIES should experience a healthy puppyhood before they are
subjected to the kind of violent training that is shown in the video.

(Note: when I say 'violent', I mean that the puppy is being trained
to act in a violent manner.)

Also, keep in mind that the spirt of puppywishes is not about teaching dogs to bite people, so our views will not be the same as yours.

Also - in no way do we mean to suggest that their is anything abusive
taking place in the video that is shown. We do not know the trainer who is working with the puppy and we would hate to tarnish his good reputation.

This said, we do not feel that a young puppy should be trained to bite.

From the Puppywishes team.
[url]www.puppywishes.com[/url][/quote]

it toke me time to return to here but now i can answer
you have a grave mistake about protection training or any other bite traning. i don't know from who you toke this info but it completly wrong.
i gave you links to a complet info what is it a bite training but i also will explane you in what you were wrong:
a puppy that starts his bite training is not in any way lack of a good and healthy puppyhod, by compating dogs to humans people do many bad mistakes.
puppy that starts his bite training or any other training isn't lock up in some dark room and tought to be mean and vilont, he isn't get any other different tritments that any other dog. all there training starts from toys by pray drive ( i don't think that i need to explane you drives if you are a trainenr but let me know if i do ) this puppies are learning that by sitiing when commended they get the toys and the hendler plays with them and so on with all there training.
when they start bite training they only plaing tag of war with a loved toy, all there start training untill they 1.5-3 years old going mainly with pray drive ( do it and you'll get your toy ) many dogs countinio working by that way all there lifes.
i just can't see where you understand it to be cruel? when by plaing with the puppy i lack him his puppyhod?

Hello Irena

There is no right and wrong here, rather, there are simply two people,
you and I, who do not agree on this point. Also, I did not say anything
or anyone was crule. Not at all. Rather, mt experience with dogs is not the same as yours and I do not feel that it is right to teach a young puppy to bite and hang on.

Puppywishes.com

And look on the bright side, while we may not agree on this point, I am sure that we see eye to eye on most other things.

I do respect what you had to say - thank you.

well i do agree that we disagree :lol:
but i think that learning about this subject can really teach alot
i know that because i'm working with this kind of dogs and thats i'm seeing it diffrently, but learning what this training is, what are the consideration and what is learned besides what you see in the clip can only help.
if you love it or not is'nt at all the point here, my gaol is for you and other people that think that a puppy that was selected the trained in bite work can be dengreous, missing somthing etc, etc to see the truth.
i don't seek to make from you the next KNPV trainer, i want you to simple understand and learn what it is. i see that you care about dogs, so learning what a thing is truely can only show you that it's OK or just another thing in training.
especialy in bite work you will find many creeps who doing it only for money and show off, that is WRONG.
if you'll be intrested talking the true proffesinolist don't be too shy to PM :D

Hello "I"

That was a very mature post that you published to the web. Tell me,
if you have a moment, perhaps you would like to write something about the issue of early "bite" work for Puppywishes.com? We would be happy to publish the artical with a link to your site.

You are right, we do not work with aggressive dogs (that is to say, dogs whom are trained to guard), so perhaps you could give us and our readers something to learn???

Let me know.

Puppywishes.com