Dogomania

Pharaoh hound

pharaoh

one lover here
i met the first living one years ago, her name was meshi ( silk ) in hebrew, she was co owned in contract with a clause that she has to be showen in every dog show so in the end they moved to the center of the country where it's closer to the shows.
she was amazing, beatifull dog with fur like her name, i was inlove :angel:

Hi and welcome! :D I love pharoahs, and have met many in my travels. I've always been into sighthounds. I had borzoi when I was younger, and now have two greyhounds and three Italian greyhounds. I sometimes compete with my dogs in lure coursing and racing. The pharoah hounds are always the loudest, most excited, rowdy ones, wanting to chase that bunny at any opportunity. They're amazing!!

If you haven't already, I hope you'll share some pictures with us!

• 1 year later...

I always get (a bit too) excited when I meet someone that shares my love for any of The Mediteranian dogs.
I myself have a Cirneco dell'Etna. And I must say that I have never imagined loving such a weird and unique dog as my Jimm (Giltedged for Jimm) is. The first time I heard about Cirneco (and Pharaoh at the same time) I didn't like his character. But after meeting one in person I was left speechless. Now I don't care a thing about his character. Whatever he does wrong is okay after he looks at me with his hazel eyes and starts wagging his tail.

Well...what I wanted to say was that I would love to chat about this amazing breed.

Do you have a Pharaoh yourself?

• 1 year later...