Dogomania

Gladysse help please!

BuddysMom

Does anyone know of a c@t thread that is a good paralell universe to Dogo? I need some serious advice on Gladysse in helping her (and us) through what are probably the last weeks of her life.

And / or, can anyone here advise on care of our very senior kitty?

She is just starting to urinate outside of her box at times, most recently 4 this morning in our bed when she went down for a snuggle between us. Vet has cleared medical causes except for probable senility along with her chronic renal failure, (which we are managing with sub-Q fluids).

We are comfortable and able to keep up with accidents during the day, but having our sleep deprived and our mattress, furniture, etc. ruined as a result of night accidents is not a good option.

We are thinking of setting her up in the room off the kitchen where her litter box is now; decking it out with blankets, heated kitty bed, food / water spots, etc ... and shutting her in here at night. I am an insomniac and would be going in to check on, and cuddle with her a couple times through the night.

1. Is this cruel?

2. Any advice on setting up the space ... what we should include?

3. would there be danger of electrical shock if she peed on a heated kitty bed?

4. Any other advice?

Thanks everyone! :angel:

DO, I am going to make some of these heat pads! Now I know what to do with the aging brown rice in my pantry and the rose pedals and herb flowers that are fading in my garden. It also gives me an excuse to get a microwave. Hellloooo, microwave popcorn!

Off to the thrift stores now ... I am also going to find an old comfy chair or loveseat, and some throw rugs. Hubby wan't know what happened to the mud room!

My parents keep their cat in a room at night. She's got her litter, food, water, toys, and a Purr Pad in there. Plus a window if she wants to look out at night!

It's not cruel at all......she'll be fine in there.

The cat site that I go to is: [url]http://www.catforum.com/index.php[/url]

There is a lot of great info on there and quite a few behaviorists on there.....