Dogomania

Tomorrow is vet day for the kids

JackieMaya

Maya and Pooh Bear are due for shots, and all three need to get their toenails clipped, so I'm taking all three to the vet tomorrow. If I take all three at the same time it saves on office calls. This will be the first time I've taken all three at the same time, so it should be interesting. Jackie acts like her toenails are being pulled out when she gets them trimmed, so I'll probably want to take the other two out of the room when she gets that done or they'll think she's getting killed.

Wish me luck! LOL

I'm going to have to turn my truck and horse trailer around and unhook it tomorrow since the truck is the official dog vehicle. My trailer is still completely full of branches that I cleared out last weekend. Yesterday I found out that all the tree depository locations are now closed! GRRR! So now I have to figure out where to dump it!

Anywho, I might leave two dogs in the truck at the clinic while I bring one in at a time. They would be fine in the truck because it's DEFINITELY not hot out. Or maybe I'll just go ahead and bring 'em all in at once. I just don't want Pooh Bear and Maya in the room with Jackie when she's screaming bloody murder while she gets her toenails clipped.

Well, our vet day went just great! It was in the high 40s (comfy for my dogs and me-LOL), so I just took one dog in at a time and the other two stayed in the truck.

And all three dogs have lost weight (which is a good thing). They're all at great weights now. Pooh Bear is 46 pounds (he was about 51 pounds when I got him), Maya is 72 pounds (she was up to 90 pounds) and Jackie is 75 pounds (she was up to 95 pounds)! Jackie and Maya both got a little too plump last winter, and I've been really working on getting them to a good weight.

Pooh Bear and Maya got their shots and their toenails clipped. Jackie wasn't due for shots so she got her toenails clipped (she was much better than last time) and got her anal glands expressed.

Afterwards, I took all three to Petsmart and got them some treats. One person who works there said I looked like a professional dog walker-LOL. Once I get them out of the truck and they get over their excitement, they're very well-behaved.