Dogomania

This is Lorraine with Amazing Aussies

k9mom

Hi Everyone,
I am writing because I was contacted by Michele Sebeso about a problem with a woman named Naomi Browlow. I have been in contact with Naomi via e-mails for two years, since she adopted Cody. She contacted me because our rescue, Amazing Aussies, rescues and re-homes Lethal White Australian Shepherds. We had Cody on our Coast to Coast page to try to help her place him, as she said she could not bring him back to AZ when she moves at the first of next year. Next I hear is that he bit a child and this is the 2nd or 3rd time and they were having him PTS. It had been my understanding all along that she only had 2 dogs, Cody and Zoey. Michele however told me about all the dogs she's had and how she has had them PTS for various reasons.

Because our organization rescues these babies, I am very concerned about her moving back to AZ. I know she will want to be involved with us, and from what I have just learned, we will not allow this.

If you have any more information you would like to share with me, please send me a mail. In the meantime, I will let my partners and some Aussie rescue folks know about what is going on. We also have a rescue Yahoo group for AZ rescuers with a DNA (do not adopt) list, and I will post to that list to inform the rescues in our area.

I will also get word out to some other folks that do special needs rescue in CA and other parts of the country.

Thank you all, and a special thanks to Michele for notifying me. From Naomi's e-mails, I NEVER would have guessed.........I feel so bad about Cody, and now that I know he may have been PTS for no reason, I feel even worse!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lorraine, welcome to Dogo first of all and most importantly thank you for broadcasting to your rescue group colleagues about Naomi. Thank you for doing your hardest to ensure another furbabe like Cody isn't euthanased unnecessarily. Thanks to the power of the internet we will do our hardest to ensure that she never is able to adopt again and dispose of a dog :evil:

Wow, thanks Lorraine, for taking the time to come here and investighate. Please don't feel bad, Naomi fooled all of us here for almost two years as well, until she was on her third dog (One was PTS for "health" reasons, the other gieven away, and not long ago she aquired the third), then we realized something was suspicious and confronted her. Most of us, myself included, took Cody's death pretty hard, not to mention the story that went along with it was proven fabricated. As far as I know no one really knows if he bit a child, or Naomi herself, but it has been confirmed the bite did NOT happen like she said it did, and no one came to her door and ordered her to have Cody PTS like she said. Its a shame that people who seem to have good intentions and seem to want to help the rescue community can be so deceiving.

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']Wow, thanks Lorraine, for taking the time to come here and investighate. Please don't feel bad, Naomi fooled all of us here for almost two years as well, until she was on her third dog (One was PTS for "health" reasons, the other gieven away, and not long ago she aquired the third), then we realized something was suspicious and confronted her. Most of us, myself included, took Cody's death pretty hard, not to mention the story that went along with it was proven fabricated. As far as I know no one really knows if he bit a child, or Naomi herself, but it has been confirmed the bite did NOT happen like she said it did, and no one came to her door and ordered her to have Cody PTS like she said. Its a shame that people who seem to have good intentions and seem to want to help the rescue community can be so deceiving.[/quote]
Really when did DAL mention that about Cody? (I seriously don't remember that ever coming up)

Oh my God! :o
I've missed on so much when I've been gone. I just... can't...

I mean...

Oh my God! :o

Naomi helped me get info about how to care for deaf dogs when I found out that Bella's sister was deaf.

I can't believe that she would EVER... do THIS! :o

I'm sorry guys, this is just a HUGE shock for me. ...I don't even know what to say...

:cry: Poor Cody... Poor Zoey... :cry:

Cody has been having aggression issues, I dont doubt that. Some people have said he has indeed attacked a child. We dont know if he has for sure attacked Naomi.... supposedly she got 15 stitches but Alena saw her the day Cody got PTS, and she didnt see anything. So, it doesnt mean she didnt get attacked but its unlikely. :-?

Before that, she was talking about leaving her husband because of his drinking problem. She was going to move in with her family in Arizona before she was going to move Texas. She didnt want to take Zoey with because supposedly no apartments allowed rotties where she looked and Zoey is Justins dog.... not to mention, Zoey "resented" her after she got another dog, Boonie (who Ill talk about next), and was misbehaving and Naomi couldnt take it anymore. :roll:

Boonie, a pom, was from a rescue who she and BaileysMom suspected of being a puppy mill.... yeah, it makes no sense to me either but oh well. :-? He was older and has heartworms. She took him to the vet and treated him but it was so bad he had to be PTS. I have my doubts about it but if thats the case then she did nothing wrong.

Before she was going to get Boonie she talked about getting a teacup chihuahua. :roll: The product of a BYB. She was being dumb and said something like, "If I want a certain breed, Im going to get that certain breed," when people tried to tell her it wasnt a good idea. Then she flipped out saying we should know her better than that and she wouldnt buy from a BYB. :roll:

Anyway, then she got another pom from rescue (whether its the same one as before I ahve no idea) named Stryker. Well, things were fine with that until she decided he liked little kids too much and was "sad" at her home. She let baileysMom take Stryker and then she was off to get another toy, *cough* I mean, animal, to replace this one. :x

thats when Tank came along. Supposedly she was volunteering with a rescue and fell in love with this scared little 8-week-old kitten. She took him home and still has him.

Then she got Moose another pom. Thats when everyone kinda got fed up with her behaviour and she left Dogo. She went over to Ripleys Retreat and was calling us names, making fun of us and saying how mean we are. :lol:

Recently K found another thread from her in Ripleys Retreat and thats how we found out Cody had passed. :cry: